Forum Getting Started: MySQL does not appear to be running

You may request notification for MySQL does not appear to be running.
Search: 

1: MySQL does not appear to be running
01/03/12 12:53 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]

I already installed LAMS-2.3.5.exe MySql connection id is 32 Server version 5.1.41 I use Xampp for windows version 1.7.3

LAMS installed is SUCCESS but can not run. When i click "START LAMS" i got error massage "MySQL does not appear to be running - please make sure it is running before starting LAMS". I already check mysql connection and i can make sure mysql is running. :(

And i check database is empty. I know the problem is database import is failed, but i'm so blank how to fix it. please help

C:\lams\apache-ant-1.6.5\bin\ant.bat import-db DB import status: 0 DB import output: Buildfile: build.xml import-db: BUILD FAILED C:\DOCUME~1\it\LOCALS~1\Temp\build.xml:89: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'lams2'@'localhost' (using password: YES) Total time: 0 seconds

Posted by Eka Mustika Sari

Attachments:
2: Re: MySQL does not appear to be running
In response to 1 01/03/12 07:33 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Eka,

I doesn't seem that LAMS was installed properly.

Try uninstalling it and follow the instructions on Xampp installation here:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lamsdocs/Installing+MySQL+on+Windows+for+LAMS

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: MySQL does not appear to be running
In response to 2 01/04/12 12:58 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]

thanks for you quick response ernie. now i already finished my installed and it was success. i choose wrong folder for mysql. :D

i installed LASM for make integration with moodle.
now i have new issues.
i can not make integration both moodle and LAMS.
i try to found solution here http://lamscommunity.org/dotlrn/clubs/technicalcommunity/forums/message-view?message_id=815847 but i still can't fix my moodle validation to lams.

LAMS is already work for me. hope you can give a new solution.

Thanks,

Eka

Posted by Eka Mustika Sari

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Getting Started