Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Ability to post teacher comments

You may request notification for Ability to post teacher comments.
Search: 

1: Ability to post teacher comments
05/13/10 02:12 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi all -I was wondering if it possible to have functionality added to enable teachers to post comments (evaluative) for the activities students have completed which they see upon logging in to LAMS? Perhaps the comment could be added via monitor, based upon student responses within an activity as either a formative or summative comment from the teacher.

Would be great to support remote learners in this way.....Cheers

Posted by Robin Ohia

2: Re: Ability to post teacher comments
In response to 1 05/13/10 06:22 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Robin,

You can use Gradebook to give feedback both at the activity level and the lesson level.

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lamsdocs/Gradebook

For the activity feedback you will need to click the edit icon to add the feedback field.

It does not show up on the main lams page, but there is an option to send email notifications to students so they can check their mark and feedback.

I hope this helps

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

3: Re: Re: Ability to post teacher comments
In response to 2 05/13/10 06:34 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Just adding to Luke's comment:

Gradebook will need to be enable for your course. Here's the documentation on how you do that as well as general info about Gradebook:

http://is.gd/c85Gp

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

4: Re: Re: Ability to post teacher comments
In response to 2 05/13/10 08:03 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks guys! I'll give that a go
Cheers

Posted by Robin Ohia

5: Re: Re: Re: Ability to post teacher comments
In response to 4 05/13/10 08:39 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Aw no......I enabled gradebook for monitor(group management) for one group and it all appeared to be fine, I then expanded (+) to view the activities of a learner and i crashed the server. It has since come back from the dead and i have now disabled gradebook for that group for now. Will let you know how i get on!
Cheers

Posted by Robin Ohia

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum