Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Problems with the notice board

You may request notification for Problems with the notice board.
Search: 

1: Problems with the notice board
11/29/05 12:58 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I'm trying to create a resource where I want to add some images. I thought with the new HTML notice board this would be easy but when I've tried I don't see any obvious way to do this.

I read the Teacher's manual and it says the following:

"The Rich Text Editor allows optional access to an HTML code view of the page by choosing the “Code” option from the drop down menu to the right of the bullets button. It is possible to edit page code directly if desired, and to add extra HTML
features such as images, etc, so long as the edits conform directly to HTML requirements. It is also possible to copy and paste HTML into the HTML code view of this tool, again provided that the pasted HTML conforms to HTML requirements."

This is not what I see, though. To the right of the bullets button there is nothing (at least in the instance of the notice board I get).

Josep M.

Posted by Josep M. Fontana

Attachments:
2: Re: Problems with the notice board
In response to 1 11/29/05 06:11 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
You're right, that text in the Teacher's manual is referring to the 1.0.1 Noticeboard - the option to choose 'Code' that it is referring to has disappeared in 1.0.2.

For HTML code, it's preferable to use the HTML Noticeboard, which can handle more HTML than the original Noticeboard could. Just change your tool to the HTML version of the Noticeboard and you're ready to input HTML.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Re: Problems with the notice board
In response to 2 11/29/05 09:44 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
OK, but then how does one do to insert images?
As far as I can tell, the only way is to have
your images somewhere in the server or in a
different server and insert them via a URL.

Josep M.

Posted by Josep M. Fontana

4: Re: Re: Re: Problems with the notice board
In response to 3 11/29/05 09:47 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Josep,

Jun-Dir has posted a work around this here.

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum