Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: BBB integration with LAMS 1st test results

You may request notification for BBB integration with LAMS 1st test results .
Search: 

1: BBB integration with LAMS 1st test results
05/31/11 01:40 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

The 1st test was successful. A Monitor with four Learners connected concurrently to a BBB conference room successfully. Their video and audio was good. A power point presentation was uploaded from each of them and used for the test.
The changing between the slides was good.

The desktop of two users were also shared to others. This have been took some time to be viewable by the others.

I hope the next days I will organize a second test with more than 10-20 people concurrently.

The only problem is occurring if you try to re-open or to re-join the conference after the Monitor has been closed it.

In this case you receive a message like

http://137.111.246.11/bigbluebutton/api/join?fullName=Spyros+Papadakis&meetingID=bbb_45c18cabc95f6301aaafc25279959efde1d3fbdf-245626&password=bQbTrXB7eW40v9kelTiq&checksum=9a759d7933d6be32180e653ed072deb5997699ea

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

response returncode> FAILED returncode < messageKey invalidMeetingIdentifier messageKey message The meeting ID that you supplied did not match any existing meetings message response

A similar message will receive and the Learners if they tried to re-join the conference.

See the attached image.
Any idea about it?

Thanks

Spyros

Posted by Spyros Papadakis

Attachments:
2: Re: BBB integration with LAMS 1st test results
In response to 1 05/31/11 05:04 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Spyros,

Thanks for the test! I'm looking forward to see how it goes with 10-20 people!

> Any idea about it?

I think BBB doesn't store information about previously created meetings, so I would probably need to restart the meeting every time.

Let me have a closer look to see what options we have.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: BBB integration with LAMS 1st test results
In response to 2 06/02/11 03:04 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Enrie,

We had a second test with 8 people in BBB yesterday.

Generally BBB works well.

There are some issues with sound volume but it works bit i do not know if participants have better headset of microphone if we will have better sound quality.

We can try together next week.

The second issue remain to restart the meeting every time.

Thanks

Spyros

Posted by Spyros Papadakis

4: Re: Re: Re: BBB integration with LAMS 1st test results
In response to 3 06/02/11 05:45 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks for testing this Spyros.

I'll look into the restart meeting issue, but I think this is a BBB limitation. Let you know more about this shortly.

Cheers,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum