Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: LAMS 2.4 is out!

You may request notification for LAMS 2.4 is out!.
Search: 

1: LAMS 2.4 is out!
04/13/12 04:44 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hey fellas,

It's been a loong time since we officially release a new LAMS version, but it's finally here! ;-)

LAMS 2.4 is officially out now!

It has a ton of new very useful features and technical improvement that we've been presenting slowly, almost one by one, to all of you here in the community.

This new release is now available as a Windows installer but it will soon have all the other platform installers as well as upgraders.

The latest version is also available on our demo server for everyone to play with.

Many thanks to all the testers, translators and the community as a whole for their support and patience thru out this release.

Also many thanks to Andrey Balan and Marcin Cieslak for their development work that make this release possible.

Now, looking forward to build upon 2.4's new technical improvements and capabilities!

Enjoy!

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

2: Re: LAMS 2.4 is out!
In response to 1 04/14/12 12:30 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Long Live LAMS!

Posted by Chris Alexander

3: Re: LAMS 2.4 is out!
In response to 1 03/13/13 10:41 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello Ernie
I saw a recent paper about Open Wonderland by Nikhil Joshi. I couldn't see anything about Open Wonderland on your roadmap page. Just wondering if your LAMS demo server will have Open Wonderland integration as an option in the future?

Posted by e neyland

4: Re: Re: LAMS 2.4 is out!
In response to 3 03/14/13 05:53 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Edwina,

I'm not familiar with Open Wonderland specifically, but the Macquarie ICT Innovation Centre has done a lot of work on 3D World modelling.

Have a look at their Virtual World project they have done some integration of this with LAMS.

I don't think we have an integration with Open Wonderland in the near future, but it will definitely be something to explore in the future.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum