Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: lams integration is not working after moodle migration to another server..

You may request notification for lams integration is not working after moodle migration to another server...
Search: 

1: lams integration is not working after moodle migration to another server..
11/02/12 08:35 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello everybody!

Please, I need your urgent help.

I have an ununtu server with a moodle instance install, http://mymoodleserver.gr/supportplatform.

I have integrated lams plugin with a Lams server and everything was ok!

But I migrated this moodle instance to another Ubuntu server at http://anothermoodleserver.gr

I changed the settings at lams server (user information url) and but the integration with lams is not working! And in the previous situation (before migration and the change at lams server), the integration worked perfectly!

The message at browser is HTTP Status 502 - Login Failed - failed to fetch user info from the third party server when I want to open an activity through moodle.

And when I add a lams lesson the message is the following:

Call to LAMS failed: received no response or connection was refused. Please check that you have the correct LAMS server URL and that it is online.

Please advice!

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Panagiotopoulos

2: Re: lams integration is not working after moodle migration to another server..
In response to 1 11/06/12 05:08 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Andreas,

The 502 status you are getting is because LAMS isn't able to make a server-to-server call to the Moodle to get the user details.

So I would check that the Server URL that you have entered in the LAMS side (for Moodle) is correct first.

Another possible issue is that there's a firewall restriction on the LAMS server that prevents it to make outgoing calls to the Moodle server on port 80.

But I doubt this is the case if you haven't changed anything in the LAMS server though.

Let me know what you find please.

Thanks

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: lams integration is not working after moodle migration to another server..
In response to 1 11/07/12 02:46 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie..!

Thank you for your reply!

You gave me a (unfortunately, defficult to think for me) idea to test the connection from lams server to moodle server with ping tool!

And I found out that I should have put the internal DNS of the university I work for and not the external.

That was the problem!

Now it works fine!

Thank you once more!

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Panagiotopoulos

4: Re: Re: lams integration is not working after moodle migration to another server..
In response to 3 11/07/12 03:18 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Andreas,

Great to know that this is working now.

Enjoy!

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum