Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: A communal file sharing tool

You may request notification for A communal file sharing tool.
Search: 

1: A communal file sharing tool
12/17/06 08:44 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I am writing a sequence where I want to use a communal file sharing option. I have used a share resource and forum tool, but the only person eho can share files in me (the author). I want a tool that my learners can add files into as they develop knowledge in the course material.

Fregs: I am teaching my Multimedia class how to edit sounds. I have prepared a PowerPoint (yes, death by ppt!) presentation to walk my students through the basics of audacity (an audio recorder and editor). This is part one of the sequence. I then want a forum where students can post or comments on how to do stuff and have replies posted with another (death by) PowerPoint response, or Word, or any other file type that students wish to share.

In short, I want a share resource tool that all users, learners and monitors, can add to while a sequence is running, to be truely shared as a collaborative resource.

Posted by Matthew Topp

2: Re: A communal file sharing tool
In response to 1 12/17/06 09:31 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> In short, I want a share resource tool that all users,
> learners and monitors, can add to while a sequence is
> running, to be truely shared as a collaborative resource.

And you can do that with the Shared Resources Tool.

If you go to the Advanced tab while editing the Share Resources tool, you'll see the options:

Allow learners to add files
Allow learners to add URLs

So students can share files with each other using this. They can add as many files as they like.

Note that if you want your students to keep adding files after they have finished the Share Resource, you might want to tick off the Lock when Finished option as well.

You can do the same thing with Forum. In the advanced options in forum you have the option for students to attach a file. So they can post messages with their deadly ppts :-)

Also, there's a Lock when finish option in Forum.

I think the Teacher's Guide should have all these options explained.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: A communal file sharing tool
In response to 2 12/17/06 10:13 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Gold! many thanks.

Posted by Matthew Topp

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum