Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Error 404: LAMS not available

You may request notification for Error 404: LAMS not available.
Search: 

1: Error 404: LAMS not available
10/10/08 05:27 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello all,

I am trying to access to LAMS by typing http://localhost:8080/lams but the server returns an error 404: "The requested resource /lams is not available"

I have checked the server.lof file and in the line 66 appears the next ERROR entry:

ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed

and its trace:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:Error creating bean with name 'coreSessionFactory' defined in class path resource [org/lamsfoundation/lams/commonContext.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/lamsfoundation/lams/web/TextSearchActionForm
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lamsfoundation/lams/web/TextSearchActionForm
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
at org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor.getterMethod(BasicPropertyAccessor.java:248)
at org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor.getGetterOrNull(BasicPropertyAccessor.java:228)
at org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor.createGetter(BasicPropertyAccessor.java:211)
at org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor.getGetter(BasicPropertyAccessor.java:207)
at org.hibernate.mapping.Property.getGetter(Property.java:240)
at org.hibernate.tuple.PojoTuplizer.buildPropertyGetter(PojoTuplizer.java:237)

Any idea about what this means and how can I fix it?

My environment is the following:
Eclipse version: 3.2
Browser: Firefox 3.0.3
JBoss version: 4.0.2
LAMS version: 2.1

All lams projects are updated and compile. I have attached the server.log file in case anyone wants to have a look.

Thanks in advance!

Alicia.

Posted by Alicia Campos

2: Re: Error 404: LAMS not available
In response to 1 10/12/08 08:32 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi, unfortunately there's some new updates that apply to both lams_common and lams_central - the TextSearchActionForm is a new class in lams_central, so you'll need to update that.

In general when updating it's best to update all the projects at the same time (we try to keep the current version of the code compilable at least). The exception is if you know exactly what you want, then you can selectively update, but generally it's safest to update the projects together so you don't end up with missing dependencies. (There's an argument here for combining some of the core projects into a single project, but that's another discussion... :)

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Re: Error 404: LAMS not available
In response to 2 10/13/08 03:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello Jun-Dir,

Many thanks for your help. I would wish to have enough knowledge about LAMS core projects to know exactly what files I have to update, but for the moment it is not the case (in an early future I hope being more LAMS-expert :)

On the other hand, Eclipse 3.2 allows me to update one single project (don't have the option, or I dont find it, to update all projects at once), so it may be a good idea to have all core projects in a single big "LAMS API"..

Just to let you know that I imported again the projects which gave me conflicts when updating and there are no more errors setting up LAMS or accessing through JBoss. I can start developing my new tool! :D

Thanks again!

Alicia.

Posted by Alicia Campos

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum