Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Modifying Monitoring GUI files

You may request notification for Modifying Monitoring GUI files.
Search: 

1: Modifying Monitoring GUI files
11/19/08 06:24 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello everyone,

I am trying to modify the Monitor interface by adding a button in the Learners tab. I am trying to watch the .fla files with Macromedia Flash MX v6.0 but when opening any of this files the program tells me "Unexpected File Version". Which program or environment I should use?

Thanks in advance!

Alicia.

Posted by Alicia Campos

2: Re: Modifying Monitoring GUI files
In response to 1 11/20/08 09:50 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello all,

Just for those in my situation trying to visualise the monitoring GUI, I am using Adobe Flash CS4 however it is not a very intuitive tool. In other posts I have seen it is better to use Macromedia Flash 2004, so I will try this.

Anyway, I dont find which flash files contain the interface components. I want to add a button in "Learners" Tab (within Monitoring). I have seen monitoringLesson.jsp file but I dont see any component (buttons, tabs..). Can anyone help me to understand how the interface works or which files are involved?

Many thanks!

Alicia

Posted by Alicia Campos

3: Re: Re: Modifying Monitoring GUI files
In response to 2 11/20/08 09:55 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alicia,

I think Daniel will be able to help you here as he's one of the Flash developers here.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

4: Re: Re: Modifying Monitoring GUI files
In response to 2 11/20/08 06:10 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alicia,

Currently the Flash side of LAMS is developed in Macromedia Flash MX Professional 2004 using actionscript version 2.0. It is not yet possible to develop the flash modules in later versions of the flash IDE until support is added, which will likely occur at a later date. You'll need Flash player 7 or above to view the compiled swf files.

When you modify the monitoring files, you need to publish lams_monitoring_v1.fla first and then publish the lams_monitoring_main.fla. By default, the compiled swfs will appear under the web folder in the lams_monitoring project. You need to have your lams_monitoring.war folder (..\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\deploy\lams.ear\lams-monitoring.war) exploded in jboss such that you can copy over the new swf files after you make changes.

The files you'll need to modify are in the lams_flash project. In the Flash MX 2004 IDE, open up lams_monitoring_v1.fla and lams_monitoring_main.fla

If you want to add the button along side "Journal Entries", "Refresh" and "Go" then with lams_monitoring_v1 selected go to Window->Library from the menu bar. Scroll down to the monitor folder, open it, and then double click the monitorView movie clip. From there you can edit the clip and add your new button. Make sure that when you add the button you check the checkbox to export the movieclip to actionscript and give it an appropriate instance name.

After you've added the button you'll need to define its layout and add event listeners and so forth. As a guide, have a look at how one of the existing buttons is set up, ie viewJournals_btn that's defined in MonitorView.as. If you follow a similar approach it will no-doubt help to simplify the process.

Hope it helps.

Daniel

Posted by Daniel Carlier

5: Re: Re: Modifying Monitoring GUI files
In response to 2 11/21/08 08:09 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alicia,

If you don't have the stuff you need to modify this and all you need is to add a button that will link to your JSP passing some parameters, let us know and we can do this for you. That will be probably be easier for you, I guess.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum