Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Bug on Q&A CS-Wizard viewing

Search: 

5: Re: Re: Re: Bug on Q&A CS-Wizard viewing
In response to 3 04/15/10 12:32 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Spyros,

Yes, I remember George. Please send my greetings to him.

> He also asks if he is able to run a .exe file direct from a Share Resources Tool in LAMS
> without his students to download it in their computers first.

Well, I don't think that's possible as .exe files have to be executed in the students computer in order to run. So either the student will need to download the file or have it already downloaded in his computer.

Is this what you mean though?

> If you have 20 students in a lab and they try concurrent to download a file or to open a
> video or a swf file there are problems.

Is it because it is slow to download the swf or video? That will be rather odd if they are within the same network, unless these are really large file (size-wise) then it should play really quickly.

To give you an example a few weeks ago in Mexico we run this sequence (which has swf files embedded) with 40 people over a wireless network and LAMS 2.3.4 running on my laptop and we had no problems. Also, people were also using LAMS Author/Monitor (which are swf files) and they have no problems.

Could network be a problem?

> The same question post some other teachers and for other type of files (e.g doc, ....
> They prefer a document o open directly below the instructions) like with the pdf files.

Unfortunately, that's not a LAMS Configuration thing but rather how the browser is configured. If you have the Adobe PDF plugin for your browser. Here are some instructions for PDFs:

PDFs:

Word files:

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum