Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: how to know that this class is read-only or readable?

Search: 

2: Re: how to know that this class is read-only or readable?
In response to 1 05/04/10 07:54 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ryan,

I'm not so sure if I understand your question. I don't think there's a read-only property for classes, but there's one for sequences.

Read only sequences are those who are being running. However you can make copies of the sequences and then modify the copy.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: how to know that this class is read-only or readable?
In response to 2 05/04/10 08:26 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
sorry. I did not get this question clear. this sequences is read only..For example.this sequences that called "lession 1 -what is lams(read only)" is read only in yours' write..i want to know that how to set this sequences read only? thanks..

ryan fu..

Posted by anyu fu

4: Re: Re: Re: how to know that this class is read-only or readable?
In response to 3 05/04/10 08:43 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ryan,

When you create a design you can save it in your personal folder and you can modify this design as you please.

Now when you create a lesson based on this design LAMS automatically makes a copy of your original design and stores the copy in the My Groups Folder > {Course Name} > {Course Name}'s Run Sequences folder.

As that design is being use for this course, then it is "Read-only".

There's no other way thru the LAMS interface to set a sequence to be Read-only. However, in the lams_learning_design table in the database there's a column for read-only. So you can set read-only sequences in the database.

Thanks,

Ernie

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: how to know that this class is read-only or readable?
In response to 4 05/05/10 12:01 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Sorry, today I've been forgetting attachments all day... here they are.

Attachments:
Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum