Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Problem with folderID inside the authoring view

Search: 

2: Re: Problem with folderID inside the authoring view
In response to 1 06/18/10 01:27 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hola Felipe,

Antes que nada: muy bien Chile en el Worldcup! Espero que se mantenga! :-)

About this issue, It seems that LAMS cannot find the folderId for this user. Were you still logged in when saving? Have you tried to log in again before saving?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Problem with folderID inside the authoring view
In response to 2 06/18/10 06:39 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hola Ernie

Primero, gracias! acá ha sido una locura la fiebre del mundial y todos se encuentran realmente motivados. Felicitaciones además por tu hijo (el profesor Erick me contó).

About the issue, I've checked my login status while saving a sequence. Actually, the first thing I do after the server is up, is open the author view and try to save, still with the same error.

Is there anything else I can do?

Posted by Felipe Peña

4: Re: Re: Problem with folderID inside the authoring view
In response to 2 06/21/10 04:06 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie.

I'm sorry for been insistent, but could help me on this matter?

I don't think it's a login issue, cause the first thing I do after log in is open the author view and save the sequence.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Felipe Peña

5: Re: Re: Re: Problem with folderID inside the authoring view
In response to 4 06/28/10 04:42 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
It looks like you're working on a lams tool from the screenshot - if you do a fresh build, do you get the same error?

Before you do that you could check if sysadmin's workspace folder exists in the lams_workspace_folder, and that it's properly referenced in the lams_user table.

Otherwise, flash usually gets the user's folderID from the UserDTO in the session I think - could be a place to start looking.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Problem with folderID inside the authoring view
In response to 5 06/28/10 11:58 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Jun-Dir.

First of all, thanks for your help.

I attached to this reply a screenshot from my lams_workspace and lams_workspace_folder tables. I can see that in the row with workspace_folder_id of 45 there is no reference in the parent_folder column. Perhaps that's why LAMS is not reading the folderID.

Hope it helps!

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Felipe Peña

Attachments:
8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Problem with folderID inside the authoring view
In response to 6 06/29/10 02:14 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Those two tables look fine. The row in lams_workspace_folder has no parent because user's root folders don't have a parent. But to check that it's all ok, check that lams_user.workspace_id column for sysadmin also has a value.

It could be that somehow flash (i.e. author) can't retrieve the folderID value. That might be harder to debug, but again I'd recommend just doing a quick rebuild from scratch to make sure it's your workspace and not a problem in CVS.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Problem with folderID inside the authoring view
In response to 8 06/29/10 03:13 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Yes, it does have the id 51.

I've alredy rebuilded everything with the Ant instructions (rebuild_db, assemble_ear, deploy-ear and copyfiles). In fact, that previous screenshot I sent you was right after I did that.

Perhaps, this might help. The folderID I saw in the debug console is -1.

Thanks again. Hope you can help on this one.

Posted by Felipe Peña

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Problem with folderID inside the authoring view
In response to 5 06/29/10 12:01 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Here's the second image. Thanks.

Posted by Felipe Peña

Attachments:
Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum