Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Customizing User InterFace

Search: 

15: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Customizing User InterFace
In response to 14 08/03/10 09:15 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Gaynor,

I've just did exactly the same thing as you did and found that I was having the same problem.... the icon for the tool that I have changed was still showing as the old one.

So I opened another browser, clear the browser cache clean and attempted to open LAMS author again and it works (see that the Forum icon is now the same icon as Gmap... I copied the same to forum just to check).

It seems that the cache to clear is also the browser one.

Just so you are absolutely sure that the image is in the right place, go to your jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/lams.ear/ folder and copy the lams-tool-XYZ.war tool to another directory. Open the file with unzip and look for the .swf icon image... verify it is the right one.

Clear the jboss-4.0.2/server/default/tmp and also the work directory.

Restart LAMS and this will work (make sure you clear your browser cache as well please).

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Attachments:
16: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Customizing User InterFace
In response to 15 08/24/10 08:43 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie

Thanks for your response. I've been trying out updating the tool icons as you suggested. I did the following:

1. Created the new swf files as instructed and placed them in the folders e.g. lams_tool_gmap\web\images.

2. Cleared all temp jboss folders and browser/flash caches as stated.

3. Checked the war files in jboss-4.0.2\server\default\deploy\lams.ear - these were not updated with the new icons after rebuilding.

4. I then directly edited the war files e.g. lams-tool-lagmap10.war - I replaced the swf icon and created a new war file to replace the existing one. However this edited version of the war file made the build fail.

Do you know why the war files would fail to be updated with the new icons?

Thanks
Gaynor

Posted by Gaynor E

17: Re: Re: Re: Customizing User InterFace
In response to 16 08/29/10 06:07 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Gaynor,

Sorry about the delay...

Let me see if I get this right, you have replaced the icon in the lams_tool_gmap code folder and then recompiled the tool to generate the .war, correct?

if so, the new .swf file must be the one on the new .war. You can explode the war to check this.

In #4 you said that you edited the war file and replace the swf icon. I assume you mean that you unzip the war and replaced the .swf with the new one, right? Alternatively, you can use the "explode war" ant task to do this and then if you do any updates to do .war you can use the sync-deploy task to update the deployment.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum