Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Re: Building LAMS 2.3 wit jboss 5

Search: 

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Building LAMS 2.3 wit jboss 5
In response to 7 08/19/10 06:58 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> lams 2.4 will come with jboss5.

Actually and just to be absolutely clear, LAMS 2.4 will use jboss-5.1.0.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Building LAMS 2.3 wit jboss 5
In response to 8 10/04/10 03:53 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ernie, please tell me when do you plan to release LAMS 2.3.4? What are the main changes except jboss 5?

Thank you!!!

Posted by Alex Lifanov

10: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Building LAMS 2.3 wit jboss 5
In response to 8 10/04/10 03:55 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Sorry for my mistake, of course i mean LAMS 2.4 release

Posted by Alex Lifanov

11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Building LAMS 2.3 wit jboss 5
In response to 10 10/04/10 08:03 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alex,

I'm hoping to release a LAMS 2.3.5 (on the jboss-4.0.2 stream) by the next LAMS Conference.

As for LAMS 2.4, there are two main drawbacks:

One is the Flex bit which we have found difficult to continue working on as Paul and Luke and others that have been working on have now move to other things. The Flex work we've started was expected to re-design all LAMS Flash interface (author, monitor and learner) with a Flex interfaces, which are a lot easier to develop, maintain and support than our customized Flash interfaces.

Although these new Flex interfaces weren't necessarily a total redesign from existing Flash interfaces -only a few cool new features but nothing really significant from the users' point of view, the main driving force here was the platform sustainability as Flex is a lot easier to code for developers than Flash is. Also an refreshing technology upgrade too.

The other is we haven't really tested JBoss 5 on production environment. Although we've done quite a lot of load testing on it. However, we will be tackling this once we release LessonLAMS.com which will be using LAMS on JBoss 5. Hopefully that will give us a good production testbed.

So I guess we'll have to drop Flex for 2.4 for the time being and focus on the jboss5 deployment/upgrade process. If so, most likely we could be releasing 2.4 first quarter next year.

Thanks,

Ernie

12: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Building LAMS 2.3 wit jboss 5
In response to 11 10/05/10 04:04 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie!

Great news!

Please tell me if there is a release notes document for 2.3.5? Will it have a new functionality or tools?

Thanks,
Alex

Posted by Alex Lifanov

13: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Building LAMS 2.3 wit jboss 5
In response to 12 10/05/10 05:46 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alex,

Here's roughly the release notes for LAMS 2.3.5. We might have some more bug fixes but I doubt we would add new tools though. Unless we get really lucky before the LAMS 2010 Sydney conference.

Thanks,

Ernie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum