Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Online whiteboard for LAMS (?)

You may request notification for Online whiteboard for LAMS (?).
Search: 

1: Online whiteboard for LAMS (?)
03/16/11 05:00 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

Have you seen the Dabbleboard?

It is an online whiteboard that will help you visualize, explore and communicate ideas.

http://www.dabbleboard.com/

It is an interesting idea for a new LAMS Activity.

Thanks

Spyros

Posted by Spyros Papadakis

2: Re: Online whiteboard for LAMS (?)
In response to 1 03/17/11 07:32 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Spyros,

Won't it be better to use Big Blue Button instead?

Thanks,

ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Online whiteboard for LAMS (?)
In response to 2 03/17/11 08:07 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

I am thinking for a general tool (or a dedicate dedicate tool like Synergo http://hci.ece.upatras.gr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=103&Itemid=103)to cover the need for collaborative Concept Maps, Entity-Relationship diagrams and Flow Charts.

The existing Mind map tool is not enough to cover all needs.

Big Blue Button is necessary for virtual classrooms.

It has a general whiteboard tool that of course you can use and for Concept Maps etc.

Thanks,

Spyros

Posted by Spyros Papadakis

4: Re: Online whiteboard for LAMS (?)
In response to 1 03/17/11 08:18 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
hello,
I thin Big Blue Button is a litle bit different from Dabbleboard, because in Big Blue Button the presenter can broadcast his desktop for all students to see, and Dabbleboard allows sharing and real-time collaboration with anyone. Participants take action the same time. Other friends and coworkers can view and edit your drawings whenever they like. Or you can log in at the same time to brainstorm ideas together.

I think both are very useful, but different.

Regargs
Giorgos

Posted by Giorgos Paschalis

5: Re: Online whiteboard for LAMS (?)
In response to 1 03/17/11 09:43 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I think Synergo would be very good to be added as a tool in lams. Synergo allows learners to collaborate in the creation of UML of diagrams using a shared desktop and a chat tool only for concrete instance of collaboration. Moreover, via Synergo Analysis Tool (that is incorporated in it), gives professor the capability to completely record all learners activities, and with this way to evaluate the collaboration and use this as feedback in next collaborative stages creating LAMS activities with the suitable messages.
The problem is that Synergo isn't a Web Based application. If it was, i think it would be more easier to incorporated in LAMS.
Here i explain how Synergo Works.
You can download Synergo relay Server from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/851910/synergorelayserver.rar
And Synergo client from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/851910/synergov5.rar
You unzip both.
You run RelayServer.jar in one computer with double click on it.
You must Know the IP of this computer (cmd-->ipconfig). For example IP of this computer is 192.168.100.100.
You run SynergoV5.jar-->Synergo Client in this computer and you run it and in another computer. In both computers, you go to tools-->options and in Relay Server Address field you select New and you type the above IP (192.168.100.100).
In Synergo Client, one user selects find partner tool, and select his partner. The other user accepts it. That's it! Collaboration begins!

I think relay server's adress would be a static IP for all users, and each user wouldn't have to specify this.
Can you estimate how difficult is Synergo integration into LAMS?
Regards
Giorgos

Posted by Giorgos Paschalis

6: Re: Re: Online whiteboard for LAMS (?)
In response to 5 03/20/11 06:48 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Spyros, Giorgos,

A few years ago Spyros sent me and architectural document for Synergo and given that the client is a Java Applet, it can be integrated into pretty much any LAMS activity using the applet HTML tag.

Or has anything changed since then?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum