Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Re: Copied LAMS server, updated urls but get error when run.bat is executed

Search: 

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Copied LAMS server, updated urls but get error when run.bat is executed
In response to 4 03/22/11 11:15 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> Are you saying I should login as an administrator account to that server?

Yes.

Once you login as the administrator, then you will be able to see a menu like this:

Once you click on the Sysadmin menu, go to "Edit Configuration Settings". In there search for the Server URL:

.. change the domain/IP to the new one. Click on save and voila!

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Copied LAMS server, updated urls but get error when run.bat is executed
By: b u
In response to 5 03/27/11 03:48 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks you for giving me screenshots and specific steps Ernie but I am not able to browse lams yet. My current situation is this:
1) I have Eclipse setup and I am able to build the Lams_build project as listed in your site:

Then in lams_build project, select the build.xml file, right mouse click to get the popup menu and select "Run As", "Ant Build...". Its about 3/4 the way down the menu. Make sure you pick "Ant Build...", not "Ant Build".

A dialog box will appear. Uncheck the usage entry (this is the default) and turn on

•"rebuild-db"
•"assemble-ear"
•"deploy-ear"
•"deploy-tools"
•and "copyfiles" IN THAT ORDER. The order is really really important. Then click Run.

2) In that page it says that the next step is to start jboss:

Now that everything is deployed and the database is setup, you can now start JBOSS. Good luck!

Once JBOSS is running, you should be able to access LAMS as .... If you are running locally on your PC, it will probably be http://localhost:8080/lams.

I don't know how to start jboss and when I tried browsing the localhost url, I get service is unavailable message.

Posted by b u

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Copied LAMS server, updated urls but get error when run.bat is executed
By: b u
In response to 6 03/27/11 04:20 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
in addition to my previous post...
I have rebuilt the lams_build project successfully with no errors so I then checked if I had a lams.log on my jboss directory. I don't have one on the date the project was rebuilt. Also I am confused as there is a lams.txt and lams.log1 files - which one is it? Samething for server.log - I can't find one created when the project was rebuilt.
I really need some assistance to go from here...

Other questions that you can clarify for me:
- where is the jbos directory? I am looking at this directory in my machine "C:\lams\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\log" - is this correct.

Posted by b u

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Copied LAMS server, updated urls but get error when run.bat is executed
In response to 7 03/27/11 04:51 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi BU,

Right, so if you are building LAMS from source, make sure you have all the components installed before hand:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Development+Environment

LAMS Source doesn't come with JBoss Application server, so you will need to install it before hand.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum