Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gradebook grid is not shown in Firefox 4

Search: 

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gradebook grid is not shown in Firefox 4
In response to 7 03/23/11 01:12 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Helder,

It works for me as you can see in the pic. Can you clear your cache just in case?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gradebook grid is not shown in Firefox 4
In response to 8 03/24/11 06:38 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
It's not cache related.

In the mean time i've noticed that if i refresh the gradebook page it will eventually load ok, but it's like in 10 refresh will work twice. It really strange, seams something around the load timings of the js files. But this only happens with FF4, all other versions of FF and IE work ok.

Do you have an online demo version of LAMS where i can test gradebook? Or else i'll need to fresh install a new server to try to replicate this.

Thanks,
Helder

Posted by Helder Sousa

10: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gradebook grid is not shown in Firefox 4
In response to 9 03/24/11 06:54 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Helder,

Try http://translations.lamscommunity.org/lams

u: test1
p: test1

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

11: Re: Gradebook grid is not shown in Firefox 4
In response to 10 03/24/11 10:41 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Ernie.

I've made the test and got the exact same problem, but with a little variation, which makes my suspicion about load timings even stronger.

Here's the test case:
1. Using FF4 goto http://translations.lamscommunity.org/lams and login
2. Select "Mark" in one of the lessons.
Result: Most of times will open correctly but sometimes grid doesn't show (in my case 1 failed out of 10).

3. Press F5 (refresh)
R: The grid will not open.

Why this makes me think on a problem with the load timings (maybe the order of js load) is because, when the page loads slow (in my case using your site.) it works when it loads fast (F5 will use cache) it fails. In my scenario fails more times because i'm connected locally in the server, so it loads really fast... Well it's just a guess.

This doesn't happen in IE or FF3.6

Thanks,
Helder

Posted by Helder Sousa

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum