Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Importing Blackboard courses into LAMS

Search: 

2: Re: Importing Blackboard courses into LAMS
In response to 1 04/05/11 04:45 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Rene,

Back in the good old days when I was a postgrad student, I used to work on an LMS called .LRN (which it's the software we run for the LAMS Community). I was doing a learning content repository for it and we had a client that wanted to import Blackboard courses into .LRN.

If I remember correctly, the Blackboard courses export used to package the content in an particular interpretation of IMS Content Packaging.

However, it also exported application content in its own format which wasn't very hard to interpret, so I imagine if you can open one of these Blackboard export packages you should be able to map it to LAMS activities.

If it's just content, you might want to import it into LAMS' Share Resources tool as an IMS Content Package and see if that works.

BTW, what version of Blackboard are you talking about?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Importing Blackboard courses into LAMS
In response to 2 04/06/11 08:55 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

Thanks for the response. We have imported IMS packages already and that has worked well, but we'd love to be able to keep some of the structure of the Blackboard sequences.

The version of Blackboard is 9.

Thanks,

Rene

Posted by Rene Hahn

4: Re: Re: Re: Importing Blackboard courses into LAMS
In response to 3 04/06/11 09:05 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Rene,

If you can send me an email attaching a sample Blackboard export course, I can have a crack at turning this into a LAMS sequence/course.

Thanks,

Ernie

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Importing Blackboard courses into LAMS
In response to 4 04/07/11 02:48 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

Gavin is going to send you an email with course access details.

Kind regards,

Rene

Posted by Rene Hahn

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Importing Blackboard courses into LAMS
In response to 5 04/07/11 02:58 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Cool. Hopefully we can make a set of scripts to import this content.

Thanks,

Ernie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum