Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: some problems

Search: 

2: Re: some problems
In response to 1 11/29/11 12:10 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Zhou,

> 1.While LAMS 2.3.5 installed on local sever machine, if more than 25 users operate it simultaneously, why the low-speed problem arise?

LAMS should have no problems with 25 users. What are the specifications of your server?

If you have more than 2GB available on your server and you aren't running other applications, you can look at increasing the memory allocation for LAMS (see JAVA_OPTS)

> 2.Based on the intergration of LAMS2.3.5 and Moodle2.0 on local serve, in the progress of deleting created LAMS active sequence, stored in work group and public folder, why it prompt constantly saying no delete permission?

You can delete sequences saved on the public folder as long as they are yours.

However, there's a system error message that appears when you want to delete this. This is a bug and will be fixed in the next release.

If you must delete this and you can't wait for a fix, let me know and I'll let you know what you need to do.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: some problems
In response to 2 11/29/11 11:35 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.I'm a graduate student majoring in educational technology at a normal university in china.At present,my tutor is leading us to get LAMS installed in the local server and integrated with moodle platform at the same time,trying to make it possible for undergraduate students in normal universities to create their own lams sequence online.Regarding your previous answer,I do have two more questions.
First,our server runs moodle platform,with 4g of memory.So I was wondering how much memory should be allocated to java and how to operate exactly.
In addition,I've encountered a situation where it always says "no write access" when I enter LAMS through moodle as a teacher and delete students' LAMS work which is stored in the public folder and working group.
I really appreciate your help.

Posted by zhou min

4: Re: Re: Re: some problems
In response to 3 11/30/11 01:36 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Zhou,

> First,our server runs moodle platform,with 4g of memory.So I was wondering how much memory should be allocated to java and how to operate exactly.

If you are running Windows, see to change the following file:

X:\where you installed LAMS\jboss-4.0.2\bin\run.bat

Look for the line that says:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -server -Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m ....

Increase the -Xmx option 1024m (ie: -Xmx1024m).

> In addition,I've encountered a situation where it always says "no write access" when I enter LAMS through moodle as a teacher and delete students' LAMS work which is stored in the public folder and working group.

Can you send me a screenshot of this please? I'm not so sure if I know how you are doing this.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum