Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: e-adventure 1.3 in LAMS 2.3.5

You may request notification for e-adventure 1.3 in LAMS 2.3.5.
Search: 

1: e-adventure 1.3 in LAMS 2.3.5
03/01/12 08:30 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
A student of mine tried to import an e-adventure module and she failed.

(1) Is there any documentation about this, including server hacks if needed, how the file should be exported (we tried both the jar and the zip version)

(2) Could it be that there is problem on the e-adventure side (bad IMS/CP archive ?)

Log file info attached

thanx :) - Daniel

Posted by Daniel Schneider

Attachments:
2: Re: e-adventure 1.3 in LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 1 03/04/12 01:38 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Daniel,

Just accessed our uni-wide spam filter to find a whole bunch of LAMS Community messages stucked in there... so I'm going thru them now... sorry for the delay.

I'll let Angel, the main e-Adventure dev, know about this so he can get in touch.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: e-adventure 1.3 in LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 2 03/05/12 05:11 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanx for forwarding :)

Some spam filters are a bit too aggressive. I.e. if some institution uses an exit cache (proxy) one can quickly become blacklisted. Happens to me often since our University uses this strategy to optimize internal network traffic.

Btw. I also posted some suggestions with respect to the Wiki (inside LAMS) some time ago. It has some problems that should be addressed.

- cheers ! Daniel

4: Re: Re: Re: e-adventure 1.3 in LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 3 03/06/12 06:21 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Daniel,

I've also noticed that it also filters my own messages too! hehhee

Anyway, Angel has mentioned that he'll get in contact with you about this. Let me know if he hasn't though.

I'll look for your Wiki posting as it must have been stucked on the spam filter and get back to you

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

5: Re: e-adventure 1.3 in LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 1 03/06/12 08:00 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the delay in answering your question.

I think your problem is in the game exportation. You have to export the games as Learning Object, and select the LAMS specific exportation profile. <e-Adventure> allows for exporting games as LO following different approaches, so you have to select the "LAMS" profile after clicking in "Export project as Learning Object" in "file" option at the menu.

I know I've tested the importation of the other <e-Adventure> exportations in LAMS informing the user about the problem accordingly, but I could forget to check the .jar and .ead game exportiations.

At this moment I'm working in the <e-Adventure> tool for LAMS v2.4, so I'll take this into account, thanks for your advice.

If you find more problems, please, do not hesitate to post here or in the <e-Adventure> technical forum if the question is more related with the <e-Adventure> platform.

You can get more information in section 3.3 of the <e-Adventure> manual

I'm also working on the documentation of the tool. While I'm finishing that, you can read more about the posibilities of the <e-Adventure> tool in LAMS in this research paper published at the 2010 LAMS Conference.

We would very pleased to know more about how you are using games in your lessons!!

Kind regards!

Posted by Angel del Blanco

6: Re: Re: e-adventure 1.3 in LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 5 03/06/12 08:25 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanx Angel,

I will forward this to our student. Indeed the problem may simply be that she overlooked this pull down thing. I for myself didn't test e-adventure yet :)

If there are still problems I'll let you know.

- Daniel

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum