Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Comments on Moodle-LAMS integration

Search: 

6: Re: Re: Comments on Moodle-LAMS integration
In response to 5 09/29/05 01:50 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]

Hey Scott

I just changed the button arrangement a bit. Would you like to comment? (see attached file)

> Also, a user shouldn't have to click on 'Refresh Sequence List

If you click on "Create a new sequence" then you'll get sent to LAMS Authoring. Say you create there a nice and neat sequence and save it. Then when you close the LAMS Authoring windows, you are back in Moodle. And that's where you'll need to "Refresh Sequence List". By clicking there, Moodle makes a webserver call back to LAMS and gets the sequence you just authored.

> Still not convinced that a LAMS Course format is useful but I will persist.

I think that's one of the best features! ;-)

When Martin suggested it to us, I remember not thinking much of it. But then it hit me like a train! If a teacher wants to use LAMS as the core of its course, this course format allows her to organize her class around learning sequences instead. For instance, she could have sequences instead of weeks (in the weekly course format) or topics.

I can see value on that. Thanks

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Attachments:
16: Re: Re: Re: Comments on Moodle-LAMS integration
In response to 6 03/22/09 07:52 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I having been using Moodle for a few years now in a university setting and always saw LAMS format when I set up courses, not knowing what it was. My daughter turned 15 and started taking an online drivers ed class that used moodle in a LAMS format. I thought Eureka! I'm really interested in exploring it for setting up online courses in Moodle now.

Posted by Dennis Williams

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum