Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Can't start LAMS - MySQL Not Running

You may request notification for Can't start LAMS - MySQL Not Running.
Search: 

1: Can't start LAMS - MySQL Not Running
05/08/16 09:19 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I went through the prerequisites and completed the installation but ran into the following error when trying to start LAMS: MySQL does not appear to be running - please make sure it is running before starting LAMS.

Some details:

1. When installing JDK I didn't change the path (unlike shown in the video tutorial) and it's in the Program Files folder (default location). When installing LAMS I located the folder manually.

2. I have XAMPP on my PC but when configuring MySQL for LAMS I stopped the services (previously started and using Port 3306). However, the service is enabled again on Windows startup. LAMS still didn't launch.

3. I have these lines below in my-default.ini file. Also, does it have to be renamed specifically to "my.ini"?

transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED
sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Question: How do I ensure MySQL is running? Is it through entering the password in the command line? First time using MySQL.

Regards,

Posted by Atikah Mohamad

2: Re: Can't start LAMS - MySQL Not Running
In response to 1 05/26/16 10:52 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Aitkah,

I think if you use XAMPP, you can set it up so MySQL is added as a Windows service.

Once you select this option, go to Control Panel --> Services and make sure that MySQL is set to start automatically (rather than manually).

That should do.

Thanks

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum