Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: LAMS with SCORM contents, Moodle

Search: 

2: Re: LAMS with SCORM contents, Moodle
In response to 1 06/30/06 12:04 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Carlos,

Yes, it is possible.

All you would have to do is to get the URL that opens the SCORM object in moodle and add that URL to a Share Resource Activity in LAMS.

So, here are the steps. Add the SCORM package to Moodle. Then get the URL that "plays" the SCORM content. Go to LAMS, Open LAMS Authoring, drag a Share Resources tool to the canvas, double click on it, select "Add URL" and past the URL there. Click on Save and save your sequence.

Just click on Preview to see if that plays properly.

Hopefully that will do

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: LAMS with SCORM contents, Moodle
In response to 2 03/08/07 10:53 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
just wanting to clarify this:

you're saying that effectively you're pushing LAMS into the middle of launching of the SCO from the LMS (so instead of the LMS launching the SCO, LAMS is).

and...

the communication of
- cmi.core.lesson_location (bookmark)
- cmi.core.lesson_status (passed/failed/incomplete, etc.)
- cmi.core.suspend_data (refresh a "session", etc)
etc.

remains unchanged between the SCO and the LMS since the runtime environment is still controlled by the LMS

... and you are NOT saying that LAMS is acting as a proxy/data interchange between the SCO and the LMS, merely another way of launching the SCO for the user.

yes?

I'm assuming the same setup will work for Blackboard (or in fact any SCORM enabled LMS)

is that correct?

Posted by barry beattie

4: Re: Re: Re: LAMS with SCORM contents, Moodle
In response to 3 03/09/07 01:16 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
G'day Barry,

> you're saying that effectively you're pushing LAMS into the middle of launching of the SCO
> from the LMS (so instead of the LMS launching the SCO, LAMS is).

Yes and no :-)

LAMS isn't launching the SCO but rather pointing to the URL where the LMS lanches the SCO. So effectively it looks like LAMS is launching it but it's actually the LMS.

> the communication of...
> ...
> remains unchanged between the SCO and the LMS since the
> runtime environment is still controlled by the LMS

Yep.

> and you are NOT saying that LAMS is acting as a proxy/data interchange between the SCO
> and the LMS, merely another way of launching the SCO for the user.

Correcto!

> I'm assuming the same setup will work for Blackboard

Yes.

I just did an example in the moodle.lamscommunity.org server. This is the server we have for demo for the LAMS2.0-Moodle 1.7+ integration. If you login in there (create an account if you don't already have one) and join the LAMS-Moodle Course, you will see a sequence called: LAMS Sequence with Embedded SCORM object. This is a very simple sequence that has a Noticeboard (to introduce it) and then a Share Resources tool that will load the Moodle SCORM Launcher in it. You can go and do your SCORM course on it, and the click on Finished when you are done.

Let me know if that all makes sense.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum