Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Saved in V2 Beta 1 but not there to Open

Search: 

2: Re: Saved in V2 Beta 1 but not there to Open
In response to 1 07/07/06 04:27 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ken,

Can you post a screenshot?

Thanks,
Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Saved in V2 Beta 1 but not there to Open
In response to 2 07/07/06 06:36 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I'm attaching screen shots of the save/open problem (lams1 to lams3) and the editor problem (lams4 and lams5). Lams5.png perhaps explains the editor problem.

Note I just sucessfully recreated both problems with FireFox 1.0.4. I then updated to 1.5.0.4 and I was able to open a saved sequence but I needed to know the name -- the browser didn't show anything saved in the folder.

Both IE 7 (beta 3) and FireFox 1.5.0.4 have the HTML editor problem.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by Ken Kahn

Attachments:
5: Re: Re: Re: Saved in V2 Beta 1 but not there to Open
In response to 3 07/07/06 06:57 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Whoops, the save/open problem was caused by confusion on my part. Perhaps the interface needs to be a bit more standard/obvious.

The HTML editor problem remains.

Sorry about that.

Best,

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saved in V2 Beta 1 but not there to Open
In response to 5 07/07/06 07:32 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> Perhaps the interface needs to be a bit more
> standard/obvious.

Well, there's a bit of a catch22 about this one. We could expand all the subdirectories for start. BUT then if you have more than about 12 sequences in your own personal folder (in your case "One Test Workspace" folder), then you won't see the other folders you have for your courses.

Another reason One Test Workspace folder is not expanded by default is that we get the content of it when you expand it... and if you have lots of sequences, then everytime you open/save a sequence, it might take a few seconds to get them all.

Maybe we should expand the folders at just one click? Would that do better?

Ernie

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saved in V2 Beta 1 but not there to Open
In response to 5 07/10/06 02:06 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> The HTML editor problem remains.

The problem with the HTML editor in IE is now solved a really small "," was to blame!

You can check out the latest from CVS or just correct the "," as shown here and deploy lams-central again.

Thanks,

Ernie

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saved in V2 Beta 1 but not there to Open
In response to 7 07/10/06 10:21 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Editor works fine now, thanks.

It starts off minimised which is a bit odd.

Also I found it confusing that there was a SAVE button as well as a check mark that is for saving. Pushing the one labeled SAVE first loses the HTML edits.

Regarding the folder/file navigation, at least clicking on the folder icon or name should expand the tree -- like the Windows Explorer for example.

Thanks again.

Best,

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

4: Re: Re: Re: Saved in V2 Beta 1 but not there to Open
In response to 3 07/07/06 07:11 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ken,

Thanks for the attachments. Regarding lams3.PNG, have you try expanding the "One TestWorkspace" folder by clicking on the triangle on the side? (see attached pic).

Regarding the HTML editor button, it also tested it with firefox 1.5.0.4 in windows and OSX and it seem that it shows no problems (see attachment).

However, it didn't work with IE and gave me the same javascript error you point. I have raised a new bug for this. It should get fixed shortly.

Thanks,

Ernie

Attachments:
Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum