Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: integrate LAMS2 with Bb6

Search: 

2: Re: integrate LAMS2 with Bb6
In response to 1 10/10/06 09:08 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Chen,

Short answer is: No.

However, you can have a look at the LAMS 2.0 code that takes care of the integrations (on the LAMS side). We've been working on this now. But, it's not finished and bugs still exist.

Also, since the LAMS 1.0.x bulding block code is available you can have a look at the webservices and settings that are required on the Blackboard side and work out the differences with the new ones on LAMSv2.

In principle the same concepts for single-sign-on and user creation are in place, however, there's work required on the Blackboard building block to cope with the new multi folder structure now.

It will be great if you can help out with this as we are now focusing all our attention to get LAMS v2.0 stable out of the door. Once that's done, we'll work on that, but any help is always really appreciate it.

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: integrate LAMS2 with Bb6
In response to 2 10/11/06 12:32 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

In fact, I tried to confige the B2 to point to a LAMS V2 server. The error I got when I clicked the Author link is "login failed -- login parameters missing". I guess you changed the LoginRequest?uid=.... may I know what do you change? Thanks.

Chen

Posted by Rui Chen

4: Re: Re: Re: integrate LAMS2 with Bb6
In response to 3 10/11/06 12:58 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Rui,

Yes, you're right. The parameters are a bit different from those of LAMS 1.0.x.

To find out the changes, you may need to check out org.lamsfoundation.lams.web.LoginRequestServlet in lams_central and org.lamsfoundation.lams.web.LoginRequestDispatcher in lams_common.

Apart from the parameters changes, web services are also changed. You can look into org.lamsfoundation.lams.webservice to figure out the differences. The web service interfaces are defined in LearningDesignRepository.java and LessonManager.java.

You can also access http://%your_lams_server_root%/services to find out all wsdl urls so that you can change them in Bb6 accordingly

If you can make Bb6 work with LAMS 2.0, we will really appreciate it.

Posted by Fei Yang

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: integrate LAMS2 with Bb6
In response to 4 10/11/06 01:02 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Sorry, it should've been org.lamsfoundation.org.integration.util.LoginRequesstDispatcher in lams_common

Posted by Fei Yang

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: integrate LAMS2 with Bb6
In response to 5 10/11/06 09:08 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Fei,

I'm trying to do the integration. Your responses are very helpful. Thanks you very much.

To me the big problem is that I only can get the information about integration LAMS with Bb from reading your source code. It needs lots of time. Be honest, sometimes I cannot understand fully. I appreciate, if you can send me some documents on integration of LAMS1 and Bb. My email: chenrui@ntu.edu.sg

Cheers,

Chen

Posted by Rui Chen

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: integrate LAMS2 with Bb6
In response to 6 10/11/06 09:34 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Rui,

Sorry for the late reply.

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/LAMS+and+3rd+Party+App+Integration+Mechanism

is the link to document. I hope it will help you more.

Posted by Fei Yang

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: integrate LAMS2 with Bb6
In response to 4 10/12/06 01:06 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Fei,

I checked the source code(lams2.0beta1.zip), but I cannot find any files you metioned here. Did I download a wrong one?

Thanks.

Chen

Posted by Rui Chen

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: integrate LAMS2 with Bb6
In response to 8 10/12/06 01:44 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Chen,

Yes, the beta01.zip file you are trying to get does not have the integration code. Please use the source code from CVS. Here are the building instructions.

If you need any help, please let us know.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

10: Re: Re: Re: Re: integrate LAMS2 with Bb6
In response to 4 10/26/06 02:31 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Fei Yang,

I checked LoginRequestServlet.java. I cannot find any code to create a new user. Did you create the user in B2 or in LAMS side?

Is this the correct steps to create a new user?
1. create a rocord in lams_user table
2. create a record in lams_ext_user_userid_map table
3. create a record in lams_ext_course_class_map table (do I need create a class before this? which table is class table?)

I think in LoginRequestDispatcher.java PARAM_COURSE_ID should be "course_id", not "courseid".

Thanks.

Chen Rui

Posted by Rui Chen

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum