Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: UNIX installer for 2.02

Search: 

2: Re: UNIX installer for 2.02
In response to 1 04/19/07 05:09 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
G'day Nicolai,

We've been testing the lams2.0.2 upgrader for the past two weeks. It's looking quite good. However, there are still a few problems with it.

It's really nothing terribly major, but still, it's causing some trouble in certain configurations.

The 2.0.2 upgrader requires the lams.properties file that you used for installing LAMS. So make sure you get it. If you don't have it, you can still recreate it again by completing the one that comes with the upgrader (before you run the upgrade-lams.sh script).

The upgrade script will ask you to stop LAMS if it's running, ask you whether you want to back up LAMS2.0 (the database and the whole jboss directory including repository files so in the case that you want to revert back to 2.0 again, you can do it). And , of course, upgrades to 2.0.2.

If you have a spare unix machine there and can help us test this, that will help us speed the release and I also will help you understand the ins and outs of the futre upgraders.

Let me know if that's the case. Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: UNIX installer for 2.02
In response to 2 04/23/07 05:12 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Sorry Nicolai,

I just realized that the bug tracker for the installers were not accessible. Now you should be able to view this. My apologies.

Thanks,

Ernie

4: Re: Re: Re: UNIX installer for 2.02
In response to 3 04/24/07 05:06 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello Ernie,

Unfortunately we are not in the position to test the unix installer, we only have a production machine available. That's why we'd like to know how stable the installer is and how safe the upgrading procedure is....

For now we will wait until the UNIX installer is released.

Thanks in advance...

Nicolai

Posted by Nicolai van der Woert

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: UNIX installer for 2.02
In response to 4 04/24/07 06:20 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks for the patience Nicolai.

We'll do our best to get it out this week.

Ernie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum