Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: LAMS and Moodle made easy: cool new animations!

Search: 

4: Re: Re: LAMS and Moodle made easy: cool new animations!
In response to 3 10/14/05 01:36 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]

Hi Adam,

Thanks you for your comments. I'll pass them to all the development team.

We haven't committed our code to the Moodle CVS as yet. I have talked to Martin about this, but I guess he's very busy at the moment. Nevertheless, you won't be able to use the integration until LAMS 1.0.2 gets officially released (I'm hoping this will be next week).

The 1.0.2 release has all the "hooks" for the integration. However, it does not have an interface in the admins section to include the keys and authentication to the Moodle server. Therefore you need to get and do some manual entries in the DB (very simple ones anyway, we'll release the instructions when we launch 1.0.2)

Regarding Moodle, you won't need 1.6 to run LAMS, I believe any 1.5.2 version will do the trick just fine (at least that's the one we've been using. However, I think the "official" addition of LAMS to Moodle will be in Moodle 1.6. And that will give us some time to improve the usability, and tweak some bits.

At any rate, as soon as we release 1.0.2 and fix a few usability issues on the LAMS (Moodle) PHP package, we'll be releasing it for people to test it.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

5: Re: Re: Re: LAMS and Moodle made easy: cool new animations!
In response to 4 10/14/05 04:24 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie

Yes - that makes sense and I understand better now where things are up to. Thanks.

BTW, I have seen lots of comments in the forums about the relative difficulty of schools installing Moodle/LAMS apps, including the possibility of installing on the same server. We run both on a moderately fast WIMP server - no probs. LAMS installation was completely painless. Moodle is too, for that matter. I think the sticking point for people is getting the php/mysql setup organised, NOT the latter two apps.

regards

Adam Taylor

Posted by Adam Taylor

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum