Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: LAMS Internationalization Update

Search: 

67: Re: LAMS Internationalization Update
In response to 1 09/14/07 11:48 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Dear translators,

I have updated the Translator's server this weekend as we have had lots of translations activity this past week.

Thanks for the people from HuaZhong Normal University, the simplified Chinese is almost completed. Special thanks to Lily and Wei Guo for their work on this.

Lots of progress with Branching in the past few weeks, so if you want to check that out, please gave a look. Again, it isn't fully finished yet, so you might see some bugs or incomplete parts.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

68: Re: Re: LAMS Internationalization Update
In response to 67 09/23/07 06:20 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I've just added three new labels - one to Forum and two to Multiple Choice.

One of the choices in branching is tool output based branching. This will allow the author to set up which branch of activities a user does, based on what the user does in a preceeding activity.

To do this, the tools have "tool outputs", and in authoring you get to pick which "tool output" you want to use. So we need a nice little text description for each tool output (e.g. "Learner's number of postings in the forum") so that the author knows what they are picking!

The three new labels that I have added are descriptions for tool conditions:

• Learner's number of postings in the forum
  • Learner's total mark
  • Learner has all answers correct

These descriptions will appear as a drop down list in the "Create Tool Output Conditions" dialogue box in authoring. Have a look at the attached picture. The drop down list will go where it currently says "undefined (long)".

So at the moment, you won't be able to see the text for these three labels anywhere but as soon as we get a few more bugs sorted out in authoring then you will be able to see them. There will be more descriptions coming in future versions of LAMS, as we add more tool outputs to other tools.

I've made up a temporary page on the wiki which explains what these three new labels mean, and how they are used for branching.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

• Attachments:
    69: Re: Re: LAMS Internationalization Update
    In response to 67 09/26/07 01:16 PM
    [ Reply | Forward ]
    Dear Ernie:

I used LAMS integrated with Sakai.
    But I have problems with learner.
    The attachment have a image with author, but I have a possibility if work with learning ou monitor.
    Why It is?

Thanks, very much
    Luisa
    University of São Paulo Brazil
    e-mail: lagg64@hotmail.com

Posted by Luisa Gonzalez

Attachments:
    70: Re: Re: Re: LAMS Internationalization Update
    In response to 69 09/26/07 05:26 PM
    [ Reply | Forward ]
    This is just the first step in using LAMS in Sakai, so only Author is available at this point. To get to the Learner and Monitor screens you have to start the lesson.

Go into Author and create a learning design, then save the design and come back to this screen. Click "Refresh Workspace" and the design you created should appear under your name. Select the design and click Next.

Then you will the "Add/Update Item" screen. Here you need to enter a title for the lesson and click the "Add/Update Item" button.

Then you will get a list of all your lessons. If you click on the title of the lesson, it will start Learner. If you click "Monitor" then it will start Monitor. See the attached screenshot.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Attachments:
    Reply to first post on this page
    Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum