Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: LAMS demo without ethernet

Search: 

2: Re: LAMS demo without ethernet
In response to 1 10/12/07 06:41 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Barry,

Not long ago, Jun-Dir, the tech guru, showed me that you can bind an IP to JBoss when it starts. JBoss is the application server that LAMS users to run.

So when you run LAMS (and since we don't have a Mac installer I'm assuming you start it from a terminal?), you can give the -b option.

So for instance, if you change the IP to be 192.168.1.185 before and now you just want to use LAMS when you are on the road, you can tell JBoss to run LAMS on localhost as:

./run.sh -b localhost

When you are on a network and you want to share LAMS with others, just tell JBoss to start binding the IP you got from the network:

./run.sh -b 192.168.1.185

Now, every time you change this, you would have to login into LAMS as sysadmin and change the ServerURL to whatever point to whatever IP you bound JBoss to.

If you are on a new network and you need to find out your IP, I think in Macs, look at the System Preferences >> Network and it should tell you the IP that it got assigned from the network. You can now start JBoss binding it to that IP and everyone on that networks should be able to see it.

It would be nice if LAMS would be able to know or get the IP that JBoss was bound to and use that as ServerURL dynamically. We'll look around to see if there's a way to do this. Maybe a feature for 2.2 :-)

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: LAMS demo without ethernet
In response to 2 10/14/07 02:21 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie

This sounds like it will do the trick.

Thanks
Barry

Posted by Barry Kayton

Reply to first post on this page