Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: LAMS 2.1 Release Candidate 1 out!

Search: 

2: Re: LAMS 2.1 Release Candidate 1 out!
In response to 1 03/20/08 06:01 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I tried this on Solaris 10. I am moderately competent in sysadmin and did manage. Had to make a few minor fixes to the shell scripts.

1) Scripts fail because the following construct does not work with the bourne shell:
export JAVA_HOME="/usr/java"
Maye you should rewrite them this way:
JAVA_HOME="/usr/java"
export JAVA_HOME

or else make them bash shells (probably the default on linux and this is why linux installs work), i.e. add as line one
#!/usr/bin/bash

2) Then in install-lams.sh there was cp solaris doesn't understand
# cp -rv assembly/lams.ear ${DEFAULT_DIR}/deploy
cp -r assembly/lams.ear ${DEFAULT_DIR}/deploy

3) Finally the JAVA_OPTS in ./run-lams.sh do not go to run.sh. Since I am quite clueless about scripts I don't know why. To safe time, I just used the JBOSS run.sh and fixed line 141:
JAVA_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx512m -Dprogram.name=$PROGNAME"
#JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dprogram.name=$PROGNAME"

Details are here, but don't take my writing for gospel or anyhing... I am not a programmer nor a sysadmin...

http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/LAMS_installation_and_configuration

PS: I'll go over this wiki page and add some more stuff as I will continue playing with lams 2.1

Posted by Daniel Schneider

3: Re: Re: LAMS 2.1 Release Candidate 1 out!
In response to 2 03/25/08 05:08 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Daniel,

Thankyou for your suggestions, these modifications will be added to the installer for 2.1 so people can easily install on solaris. You wiki page looks quite helpful.

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

4: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.1 Release Candidate 1 out!
In response to 3 03/25/08 08:21 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Luke,

It would be great it you could add a link in the Linux installer page to Daniel's wiki as well?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.1 Release Candidate 1 out!
In response to 4 03/25/08 08:40 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Yep, no worries.

A link has been put on the http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lamsdocs/Unix+Installer+Help page

Posted by Luke Foxton

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum