Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: LAMS 2.1 Release Candidate 1 out! - File import

Search: 

6: Re: LAMS 2.1 Release Candidate 1 out! - File import
In response to 1 04/23/08 06:55 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Did you add a human readable error message for failed LAMS file import ? Maybe you also should even go a step further and say things like:
- this is a corrupt zip file
- this is a LAMS/LD zip and that we can't read currently
- this is a zip file that comes from another planet ....

My case was a student exporting a sequence to IMS LD in a local PC install and then trying to import it on our server via Moodle.

In LAMS 2.1 RC1, we got this kind of JAVA trace (only 2 lines shown). Easy to understand for me, but typical teachers won't.

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.lamsfoundation.lams.learningdesign.service.ImportToolContentException: java.io.FileNotFoundException:  /var/tmp/lamszip_1208937581768_lamstmp_1208937580241__uploaded_learningdesignrenard_exo13_imsld/learning_design.xml (No such file or directory)
      at org.lamsfoundation.lams.learningdesign.service.ExportToolContentService.importLearningDesignV2(ExportToolContentService.java:1080)
      at org.lamsfoundation.lams.learningdesign.service.ExportToolContentService.importLearningDesign(ExportToolContentService.java:931)
      ... 51 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/tmp/lamszip_1208937581768_lamstmp_1208937580241__uploaded_learningdesignrenard_exo13_imsld/learning_design.xml (No such file or directory)
      at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

Posted by Daniel Schneider

7: Re: Re: LAMS 2.1 Release Candidate 1 out! - File import
In response to 6 04/28/08 12:49 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Is this enough? It merely restates what was on the previous screen but at least it hides the exception.

I've also improved the message on the previous screen so it explicitly says you can't use the IMS LD format.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Attachments:
Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum