Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Plans for SCORM support

Search: 

6: Re: Re: Re: Plans for SCORM support
In response to 3 04/13/09 12:55 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Dave,

I don't know if you have seen this but Jun-Dir has put instructions on how to add the Moodle tool adapters to LAMS and Moodle in this thread.

If you are about to do this, would it be possible for you to help us out to document the process? Perhaps write it on the wiki?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Plans for SCORM support
In response to 6 06/22/09 11:24 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The design here, to add "is_lams" to the Moodle tables and to customize the scripts to hide "is_lams" specified items seems to need a little work.

We have seen this problem in our own custom installations. Sometimes you want to hide something in the display, but still allow students to access the content. Perhaps there is a way to work with Moodle to add this to the course_modules table as a generic flag to display or hide the item without disallowing access completley.

Otherwise, this looks very useful, and since we are already customizing moodle, we'll be testing it out for use by our clients.

Thanks!

Posted by Dave Bauer

12: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Plans for SCORM support
In response to 11 06/23/09 02:13 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I've been working lately on merging the changes we've done to Moodle 1.9.3 but now with Moodle 1.9.5.

As you say, the is_lams is critical so these instance of tool aren't show in the course page or in the index.php page for the mods. It works quite well though.

The only problem I forsee in the future is that evertime a new version of Moodle is release, the code for each mod would have to be merged. It's not difficult but tedious.

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

13: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Plans for SCORM support
In response to 12 06/23/09 05:18 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
SO in this case it looks like working with Moodle to allow this support generically would be a good option. I don't know how well that will work, but I guess it is worth asking.

Posted by Dave Bauer

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum