Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Notebook error, please wait for the teacher to compelte the contents of this activity.

Search: 

3: Re: Notebook error, please wait for the teacher to compelte the contents of this activity.
In response to 1 05/05/09 05:33 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Dave,

You get the "Please wait for the teacher to complete the contents of this activity" when that specific activity is set to "Define later" in Authoring. This feature allows a teacher to change the activity content whilst the lesson is running. If the students get to the activity, *before* the teacher has edited the activity content thru Monitor, then they get this message.

All you've gotta do is go to that activity in Monitor, edit the activity and press on save. Once that is save, the students are good to go.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

4: Re: Re: Notebook error, please wait for the teacher to compelte the contents of this activity.
In response to 3 05/05/09 05:56 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks, I thought that was the case, but I tried that to no effect.

I also looked in the database and the define_later_flag was not set.

Specifically I went into the Monitor, edited the content of the activity and clicked save but it did not allow the students to proceed.

Posted by Dave Bauer

6: Re: Re: Re: Notebook error, please wait for the teacher to compelte the contents of this activity.
In response to 4 05/05/09 06:00 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Additional info: the user reloaded the activity and that fixed the problem.

Obviously we still want to know what the root cause was as it cost quite a bit of time in a teacher's middle school class today.

Posted by Caroline Meeks

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Notebook error, please wait for the teacher to compelte the contents of this activity.
In response to 6 05/05/09 06:10 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
That makes sense.

After you click on "save" in monitor, the students would need to press on the "Resume" button and that should get them access to the activity.

Caroline, I believe this can be due to the teacher accidentally marking the activity as "Define Later" in Author. Is there any chance you can check the sequence used for this lesson?

5: Re: Re: Re: Notebook error, please wait for the teacher to compelte the contents of this activity.
In response to 4 05/05/09 06:05 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> clicked save but it did not allow the students to proceed.

That is bizarre. Does the student get the same message? Could you double check that you are on the same activity and lesson?

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum