Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Login Speed

Search: 

4: Re: Login Speed
In response to 3 10/16/09 04:31 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Andy,

This is very odd. I haven't seen anything like this before. As you can see in our demo servers, it loads really quick.

Have you modified the login page to include links to another sites?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

5: Re: Re: Login Speed
In response to 4 10/17/09 07:04 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

I agree that it is very odd indeed. I looked at the demo servers before trying to install it onto one of my own servers.

I have not made any modifications at all so far.

All I have done to date is follow the instructions to install JBoss, Wildfire and Lams as there was an exisiting JRE and MySQL install on this server.

I was hoping to add links to an existing Moodle install on this server once I had taken a good look at LAMS.

The JRE and My SQL install is all recent as the server in question is a fairly fresh moodle install.

It is most puzzling as I have checked the usual things like firewall settings. Moodle on that server loads pretty instantly and like I say, once logged in, LAMS runs really quickly.

Is there anything I can look out for in the LAMS logs at all which may point to the problem ?

Thanks
Andy

Posted by Andy Hamilton

6: Re: Re: Re: Login Speed
In response to 5 10/17/09 07:14 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Don't know if this is relevant or not, but when my login page eventually opens it displays a message underneath the LAMS logo stating that Flash player plugin version 7 or higher is required however I know for certain that both machines I have tried this on had Flash player 10 installed on them.

Could this possibly be causing the issue ?

Thanks
Andy

Posted by Andy Hamilton

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Login Speed
In response to 6 10/17/09 07:56 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

I have resolved the issue. It was a firewall rule which was causing this. For some reason it was only slowing down the login page. Now all amended it is working fantastic.

Thanks for your responses.

Andy

Posted by Andy Hamilton

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Login Speed
In response to 7 10/17/09 09:30 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Great to hear that it is solved :-)

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Login Speed
In response to 8 10/18/09 06:31 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I've seen this happen before when the server doesn't know how to resolve the ServerURL. This is because the login page makes an iframe call to ServerURL/www/news.html, which times out. I usually make a hosts entry for the ServerURL domain in the server to make sure this doesn't happen.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS