Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue

Search: 

2: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue
In response to 1 10/19/09 11:29 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> Call to LAMS failed: received no response or connection was refused. Please check that you have the correct LAMS server
> URL and that it is online.

That is indeed rather odd that you are able to open author but can't create lessons.

Now are you able to see the directory structure with the sequences?

About the wildfire error you are getting, what's the version of wildfire you are running? I'll try to see if I can replicate it here.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue
In response to 2 10/20/09 01:43 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

When I open authoring and go to File, Open then I can see the Lams directory structure for my user. Is that what you mean by able to see the directory structure with the sequences ?

I am very new to Lams so apologies if that is not what you mean.

I am running Wildfire version 2.6.2

Thanks
Andy

Posted by Andy Hamilton

4: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue
In response to 3 10/20/09 08:24 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Andy,

> Is that what you mean by able to see the directory structure with the sequences ?

I'm actually talking about the page you click on to create a lesson (see attached image).

Thanks,

Ernie

Attachments:
5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue
In response to 4 10/20/09 09:03 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

The page I receive when I click on create a lesson is this (see attached image).

Thanks
Andy

Posted by Andy Hamilton

Attachments:
8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue
In response to 5 10/20/09 10:00 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Andy,

When you say that you are openning Author, is that by going login directly into LAMS or by clicking on the "Open Author" link *in* moodle?

The error message that you are getting means that Moodle is attempting to get information directly from LAMS but it can't connect to it. So that means that Moodle (the server) cannot make direct connections to the LAMS server on port 80 (to get the list of sequences available).

However, it seems that LAMS (the server) can indeed make calls to Moodle to get user's details.

So, can you check that the LAMS Moodle configuration settings are correct and that the connection validates (see Modules -> Activities -> LAMS v2 in Moodle). Also, check the LAMS Sysadmin menu (Integrated servers).

Also, can you check any firewall settings as well that would prevent the moodle server to make outgoing calls?

Thanks,

Ernie

6: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue
In response to 3 10/20/09 09:21 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> I am running Wildfire version 2.6.2

I've just done a test on this and it works fine for me. What are the settings you have configured in LAMS about Wildfire? (see the Chat Settings under Edit configuration settings). Also, can you check if there's anything that might be different from this instructions:

Installing Wildfire for LAMS

Thanks,

ernie

7: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue
In response to 3 10/20/09 09:22 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Andy,

Are you running LAMS and Moodle in the same machine? Also are they running on windows?

Thanks,

Ernie

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue
In response to 7 10/21/09 06:52 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

Please find my answers to all your questions below next to the **

When you say that you are openning Author, is that by going login directly into LAMS or by clicking on the "Open Author" link *in* moodle?
**I am opening Author by clicking on the Open Author link in Moodle which is next to the add new lesson link.

The error message that you are getting means that Moodle is attempting to get information directly from LAMS but it can't connect to it. So that means that Moodle (the server) cannot make direct connections to the LAMS server on port 80 (to get the list of sequences available).

However, it seems that LAMS (the server) can indeed make calls to Moodle to get user's details.

So, can you check that the LAMS Moodle configuration settings are correct and that the connection validates (see Modules -> Activities -> LAMS v2 in Moodle). Also, check the LAMS Sysadmin menu (Integrated servers).
**I have checked that the connection validates within the LAMS v2 module and all is well with that. The LAMS sysadmin menu also appears correct.

Also, can you check any firewall settings as well that would prevent the moodle server to make outgoing calls?
**LAMS and Moodle are installed onto the same server so there shouldn't be any problems with port 80 traffic between the two. I have double checked the firewall however and ensured all necessary ports are open.

I have lams running on port 8585 (hopefully that isn't the cause of the problem as I already have an app running on port 8080 on this server. If that is the cause though please let me know as I can change the port of the other app if necessary). The server is an Ubuntu 9.04 server.

I am now checking out the wildfire configuration so will come back to you with regards to that shortly.

Thanks for your help
Andy

Posted by Andy Hamilton

10: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue
In response to 9 10/22/09 05:23 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Andy,

> I have checked that the connection validates within the LAMS v2 module and all is well with that. The LAMS sysadmin menu also appears correct.

Any chance you can post the URL for both servers (including ports and all) and all the configuration settings you entered in both LAMS and Moodle configuration screens? I think that should give us further hints.

> I have lams running on port 8585

You are right, I don't think that should be a problem though.

Let us know how you go with wildfire as well.

Thanks,

Ernie

11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue
In response to 10 11/04/09 06:15 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Many thanks for all your help. I have since done a new clean install of the server and re-installed everything very carefully and I now have a fully functioning Moodle and LAMS server.

I am most grateful for all your assistance with this.

Andy

Posted by Andy Hamilton

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS