Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: LAMS 2.3.3 monitoring bugs ?

Search: 

4: Re: Re: LAMS 2.3.3 monitoring bugs ?
In response to 2 12/23/09 05:16 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ok that's a good trick I forgot about :)
In fact, I needed this to change the interface of the Moodle teacher back to English. But results are the same. Can't see the Learners.

I attached the LAMS sequence zip here (there is nothing private about it). I just don't think it's good enough to be in the repository...

Btw can there be an interaction between multiple instances of the same sequence ? In Moodle I use it in two different courses and with different permissions for the same users. Sounds crazy but it's not :)
course A: Students are methodology crash course learners and have to DO the sequence like a normal LAMS student.
course B: Students are learning LAMS design and can play with the sequence as "teacher" ...

Anyhow, this is not an urgent problem for me. I still can access the same data by clicking on activities in the sequences tab.

Posted by Daniel Schneider

Attachments:
6: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.3.3 monitoring bugs ?
In response to 4 01/02/10 05:16 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the sequence.

I can confirm that this is indeed a problem. For some reason, even when the backend is sending the all the student data to flash, flash only displays the first row. I'll keep looking into this. I have raised a task for it:

http://bugs.lamsfoundation.org/browse/LDEV-2484

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.3.3 monitoring bugs ?
In response to 6 05/03/10 02:12 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ernie said:
09/Apr/10 09:16 AM Tested in closed in your bug tracker.

Does that mean the dev version ?

This bug is still alive in LAMS 2.3.4 (March 5 dated files) that I installed 2-3 weeks ago. Only see a single user, i.e. probably the last one connected.

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.3.3 monitoring bugs ?
In response to 7 05/03/10 08:57 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Daniel,

Yes, this was fixed for 2.3.5 and 2.4 branches. Unfortunately, this fix didn't cut it for the 2.3.4. release.

However, if you want to use it, it shouldn't be too bad to add these two files as they are just flash files (.swf) fixes.

It requires a bit of a fiddle with files, but it will work no problems. I'll post the details shortly.

Thanks,

Ernie

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.3.3 monitoring bugs ?
In response to 7 05/04/10 01:58 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Daniel,

OK, so in order to patch this these are the steps... I was trying to use an animation for this but it kept crashing on my so I have to give up :-(

1) Stop LAMS (and good idea to make a backup before doing any sort of upgrade)
2) go to your jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/lams.ear folder and find the file called *lams-monitor.war*.
3) Copy this file to a temporary location (your desktop for instance).
4) Rename the file to lams-monitor.zip
5) Unzip the file.

In side this file you will find two files that need replacing:

lams_monitoring_library.swf
lams_monitoring.swf

So delete these two files.

Then go right click into these two links to download this file (Make sure you right-click and go "Save Link As.."):

6) Save these two files within the folder in which you unzip the content lams-monitoring.zip
7) Zip all the content of the directory again... (make sure you don't zip the parent folder but instead the content within the folder!)
8) Rename the zip as lams-monitoring.war
9) Put it back in your boss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/lams.ear folder

10) Delete these two folders (as the folders might contain the .swfs cached on them):

* jboss-4.0.2/server/default/work
* jboss-4.0.2/server/default/tmp

11) Restart LAMS and Voila!!

If you have any problems, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ernie

10: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.3.3 monitoring bugs ?
In response to 9 05/05/10 11:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Ernie !

I have the suspicion that you work too much lately.
Click on lams_monitoring.swf in your post above.

Took me a while to figure out what the problem was, but despite being a non-programmer I usually win when it comes down to installing things :)

Got the right file from here:
http://lamscvs.melcoe.mq.edu.au:8060/fisheye/browse/~raw,r=1.249/lams/lams_monitoring/web/lams_monitoring.swf

1.249 raw
Created: 2010-05-03 20:10:53 +1000 (55 hours ago) | Author: mseaton | Changeset: MAIN:mseaton:20100503100946
LDEV-2556 LDEV-2557 Tooltip style and Workspace dialog /author info changes to HEAD.

... and our learners do show up now :)

PS:
* I find that Flash could at least whine a bit when someone tries to load an HTML file instead of an *.swf. All I got was LAMS/Flash loading screen stuck at 50%.
* Also your method of *.war surgery is way to complicated. Just take a real archiver like 7zip on a PC, open the *.war as is and drag the files into the *.war and you are done. No need to rename, dezip and so forth ....

- cheers ! Daniel

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum