Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: How to Assign users to the activities

Search: 

2: Re: How to Assign users to the activities
In response to 1 03/07/10 05:58 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> 1. Teachers should be able to assign students to the LAMS activities from the LMS Side.

Here's the good news, you don't have to assign the students to a lesson necessarily. Students can just get autoadded to the lesson automatically.

So you created a lesson in LAMS thru your LMS, you must have gotten a lessonId. So construct the URL for the students to jump directly to the lesson (see this example in PHP -moodle: http://goo.gl/nBFr) and as soon as the students click on the link they automatically get added to the lesson in LAMS.

Now, if you really need to create a way for the teacher to select which students should be added to this lesson, you can implement this in your side.

>2. I need to create a sequence as independent activity without tagging to the course and without creating the group.

I'm not 100% sure if this is what you mean but...

As soon as you create a lesson in LAMS from an LMS, LAMS will automatically create a course for it (in the LAMS side). So you don't have to worry about this. This LAMS course is not accessible by any other member of any other LAMS course, so it's just specific for your LMS course. If you create another course in your LMS and then add a lesson from this course, then LAMS will create another course on its side as well.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: How to Assign users to the activities
In response to 2 03/11/10 01:50 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ernie,

As per your above inputs i am able to add user to group automatically. But i am unable to restrict the user for the role of learner. how can i achieve that?

And when i login as teacher and click on monitor i am getting an error. i have attached the error page with this post.this error occurs only when we click on monitor from LMS side.

Posted by sridhar joies

Attachments:
4: Re: Re: Re: How to Assign users to the activities
In response to 3 03/11/10 02:36 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> But i am unable to restrict the user for the role of learner. how can i achieve that?

Easy, have a look at the method parameter in the login request: http://goo.gl/jk3i

If you append learner as method, voila: your student is a learner in the LAMS course.

If the method is author, the the user becomes author for that course.

Now you might be thinking what if the students tamper the URL, well, that won't work as the hash won't get validated.

The error you are getting is because there might not be any students? Can you have a look at the logs?

Thanks,

Ernie

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to Assign users to the activities
In response to 4 03/11/10 07:18 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The error is only when i monitor from LMS side if i login to LAMS directly and click on monitor it shows the students and teacher.

Posted by sridhar joies

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to Assign users to the activities
In response to 5 03/11/10 04:22 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Can you add the logs? (see http://is.gd/afWcV)

Thanks,

Ernie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum