How to embed a LAMS sequence in a Mahara page

Prerequisite: You know how to create a View/Page and how to Upload file to your Mahara Portfolio. If you need to study this first you can read further here

Mahara allows the presentation of any html content. To embed your LAMS sequence you need to follow the following steps:

1.       Publish your LAMS sequence to lamscommunity.org

2.       Press Embed? button at the top right of the page   

3.       Select the html code and copy it to your clipboard

4.       Prepare the needed html files. You need to prepare at least one html file, but you may prepare more and show more than one sequences on the same Mahara page

a.       You may use any html editor or even MS-Word provided you 1) save your page in .html format 2) be sure to use UTF-8 encoding.

b.      Start MS-Word and start with the following html tags

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
</head>
<body>

c.       Paste the html code from your clipboard

d.      Finish the file with the following tags

</body>
</html>

e.       Go to File > Save As.. and choose filename and folder as usual. Then, select Save as Type: Web Page filtered (.htm; .html)

f.        From Tools > Web Options > Encoding be sure to select Save this document as: Unicode (UTF-8)

g.       Click on Save

5.       Upload the html files to Mahara into your My Portfolio > My Files area

6.       Create and save your page as usual in Mahara, or select a previously prepared page to which you need to display your LAMS sequence

7.       Click on Edit Content to modify your page

8.       At the Edit Content stage drag the Some HTML content block from the Files, Images and Video tab

9.       Provide a title for the block and select the html file from your My Files Area

10.   Click on Save

11.   Click on Done

You should be able to see the embedded LAMS sequence