Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: CSS - image not displaying in preview screen

You may request notification for CSS - image not displaying in preview screen.
Search: 

1: CSS - image not displaying in preview screen
By: Amy H
08/26/12 02:39 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

I'm having an issue with an image displaying from CSS.
The image displays in the LAMS edit screen and in normal html pages, but doesn't when previewed. I'm using ie8 and i can get the image to display when turning on compatibility view. It's using the 'background-image' style.

I've updated the css files defaultHTML.css and defaultHTML_learner.css; and the same code displays other images in both places.

We've tried replacing the image with ones known to work and they also don't display.

Is there another CSS file I should be updating that would control what's being displayed when previewed?

Are there any known issues with images showing in the edit screen but not when previewed?

Thanks,
Amy

Posted by Amy H

2: Re: CSS - image not displaying in preview screen
In response to 1 08/26/12 07:28 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Amy,

Just last week a client of ours has also reported this issue. It seems to be with the DOCTYPE defined in the page. We are looking into this as you can read here:

http://bugs.lamsfoundation.org/browse/LDEV-2917

It seems though that this will be a bit of a task as it's pretty much everywhere and once this is implemented, it will need to be tested thruout the entire application again.

However, if you can send me on email the activity (export it from Author) that you are having problems with, I can look into making this work for you -as a work around.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum