Forum Problems Installing LAMS: problems changing logo image in login page (lams 2.4)

You may request notification for problems changing logo image in login page (lams 2.4).
Search: 

1: problems changing logo image in login page (lams 2.4)
04/03/13 08:18 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello,

I'm having problems with lams 2.4 and the login page. I can't change the logo image (sysadmin -> maintain login page). I'm having the following error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\lams2\jboss-5.1\server\default\deploy\lams.ear\lams-central.war\login.jsp (El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado -file not found-) Show detail

Apparently the file "login.jsp" is not found. However a new image files is saved in ....\lams-www.war\images. The file login.jsp does exist in lams 2.3.5.

Can this be fixed or is there another way of changing the logo image?

pd:sorry, i can't post this message in the LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum.

Posted by Miguel Muñoz

2: Re: problems changing logo image in login page (lams 2.4)
In response to 1 04/03/13 08:54 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Miguel,

Sorry the LAMS for Tech-Heads forum is now monitored as we've been getting some random spammers posting there.

So your messages are queued up for approval. But given that you posted here, I'll just answer it here :-)

Yeah, the issue with the logo in the login page is a known issue in LAMS 2.4.

This is because the new installer uses already compiled jsps and cannot be changed on the fly as we did before.

So the best way to fix this for now (note that this is already fixed in the upcoming release) is to copy your new logo into the existing LAMS logo image file (lams_login.gif).

If I'm not mistaken, the file is here:

C:\lams2\jboss-5.1\server\default\deploy\lams.ear\lams-www.war\images\lams_login.gif

So replace this image with your new image but make sure you keep the same name lams_login.gif and that should do.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: problems changing logo image in login page (lams 2.4)
In response to 2 04/05/13 01:30 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Tanks you for you quick reply. Can I report others problems/suggestions in the technical forum?

Posted by Miguel Muñoz

4: Re: Re: Re: problems changing logo image in login page (lams 2.4)
In response to 3 04/05/13 08:56 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Miguel,

Yes, please post your issues in the tech forum.

Cheers,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS