Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Moodle Lams Integration Error

You may request notification for Moodle Lams Integration Error.
Search: 

1: Moodle Lams Integration Error
03/09/06 04:38 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello Team,

First and foremost, I must say how much I am impressed with the capabilities of lams ! - i am a relative newbie to be honest but look forward to using it.

I have recently installed Lams on Tomcat / MYSQL and have run an existing Moodle site for many years now with few hickups so far on seperate servers (Windows). I have managed to integrate Moodle and Lams in the sense that I can access lams through Moodle and seems to be picking up user info, activities etc and registering fine with Moodle -however, I seem to be getting an error in the recent activity block within Moodle. Here is the error posted:

Warning: main(../../config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\easyphp\easyphp1-7\www\moodle\mod\lams\lib.php on line 4

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\EasyPHP\EasyPHP1-7\php\pear\') in c:\easyphp\easyphp1-7\www\moodle\mod\lams\lib.php on line 4

When I click 'Full report of recent activity' I also am getting the same error.

I am unsure of what to do with this ... any help at all is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted by Paul Sheehan

2: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 1 03/09/06 05:42 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I've attached a screenshot of the 'Adding a new LAMS' screen from Moodle - is your dropdown menu populated at all?

The lams module is assuming that Moodle's config.php is located at c:\easyphp\easyphp1-7\www\moodle\config.php. If this isn't the case, get the full path to config.php (do a Windows file search if you're not sure), and open c:\easyphp\easyphp1-7\www\moodle\mod\lams\lib.php with Notepad or Wordpad. On the 4th line, just replace the text '../../config.php' with the full path to config.php, and that should do the trick.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Attachments:
3: Re: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 2 03/10/06 07:27 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Jun-Dir,

I changed lib to the full path and it works now. Thank you so much for your quick response. Just a note though - The textbox as detailed in your picture was populated and I could access LAMS through Moodle fine and add lams activities through Moodle, which I could then recall. The line ../../config.php was in the correct location as well so I am unsure what was entirely wrong. However, entering the full path to config works now so I am happy. Thanks again for all your help Jun.

Paul

Posted by Paul Sheehan

4: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 1 06/16/06 09:04 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Has anyone seen this error in Moodle (when creating a new LAMS activity):

"An unexpected error returned from LAMS server:HTTP Error: socket read of headers timed out! Please contact your administrator."

It tries to load the drop-downs and then gives up.

I originally had the same problem as Paul, but that was ironed out by changing the '../../config.php' to the full address from 'c:'.

This is the second server I've tried to integrate LAMS and Moodle on and I'm starting to lose it now...

Kris

Posted by Kristian Besley

5: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 1 06/16/06 06:36 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The soap request from Moodle is timing out when trying to contact LAMS for the list of sequences. What's your integration setup like - LAMS and Moodle on the same server, or separate machines? Does this happen consistently, or only once? A spike in network activity could cause this error.

Can you check your LAMS access log in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/log/localhost_access{today's date}.log - if the soap request from Moodle has reached it, there should be an entry such as

x.x.x.x - - [14/Jun/2006:15:01:47 10000] "GET /lams/services/LearningDesignService?wsdl HTTP/1.1" 200 4595
x.x.x.x - - [14/Jun/2006:15:01:47 10000] "POST /lams/services/LearningDesignService HTTP/1.1" 200 872

Another thing to try is to increase the timeout value in httpd.conf for Moodle. By default I think it is set to 3 minutes:
#
# Timeout: The number of seconds before receives and sends time out.
#
Timeout 300

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

6: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 1 06/14/13 02:12 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Looking for Moodle, LMS solution provider, you can contact -

PAL InfoCom Technologies
www.palinfocom.net/moodle.php

They have been working from 8 years, they can be a good choice in providing service.

Posted by ram pal

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS