Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Problem to open Lams Lesson into Moodle

You may request notification for Problem to open Lams Lesson into Moodle.
Search: 

1: Problem to open Lams Lesson into Moodle
05/17/15 03:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello everyone,
my name is Ioanna, and i use moodle with Lams for my master thesis.
I have a problem and i would like for you to help me.
I have installed in windows moodle 2.9, lams2.4.exe and the module lamslesson for the communication between the two.
The two servers communicate fine, registration was fine, i can add a lams lesson in my moodle, author a new one etc. The problem comes when i have already added a lams lesson in moodle, i click "save and display" and then, when i click "Open Lesson" i have HTTP 401 Authentication Error.

I have already tried:
1) reinstall moodle and lams
2) install moodle 2.8 instead of moodle 2.9
3) install everything in Linux Ubuntu 14.04

but the problem persists.

Any ideas please?

Thank you in advance,
Ioanna

Posted by Ioanna Kanellopoulou

2: Re: Problem to open Lams Lesson into Moodle
In response to 1 12/15/15 04:48 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I was having the same problem with Moodle version 2.9 using Lams Moodle plugin 20150220

I use this as workaround:

Downgrade Moodle Lams plugin to 20120322 (Moodle 2.3)

Edit mod/lamslesson/mod_form.php

Comment out lines 32 and 33
// $PAGE->requires->yui2_lib('yahoo-dom-event');
// $PAGE->requires->yui2_lib('treeview');

Replace line 131 and 132
$treecomponent .= html_writer::tag('script', 'var tree = new YAHOO.widget.TreeView("treeDiv",['. $lds .']);tree.getNodeByIndex(1).expand(true);tree.getNodeByIndex(2).expand(true);', array('type' => 'text/javascript'));
$treecomponent .= html_writer::tag('script', 'var tree = new YAHOO.widget.TreeView("treeDiv",['. $lds .']);tree.getNodeByIndex(1).expand(true);tree.getNodeByIndex(2).expand(true);', array('type' => 'text/javascript'));
$treecomponent .= html_writer::script('', $CFG->wwwroot.'/mod/lamslesson/tree.js');

with this line (taken from Moodle Lams plugin 20150220):

$treecomponent .= html_writer::tag('script', 'YUI().use("yui2-treeview","yui2-dom-event", function(Y) {var YAHOO = Y.YUI2; var tree = new YAHOO.widget.TreeView("treeDiv",['. $lds .']);tree.getNodeByIndex(1).expand(true);tree.getNodeByIndex(2).expand(true);tree.render();tree.subscribe("clickEvent",function(oArgs) {selectSequence(oArgs.node.data.id, oArgs.node.label);})});', array('type' => 'text/javascript'));

Now Open Lesson link and Create a new Lams Lesson works!

Posted by George Avgeris

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS