Forum Problems Installing LAMS: LAMS 2RC2 for Windows - Use the official MySQL installer

You may request notification for LAMS 2RC2 for Windows - Use the official MySQL installer.
Search: 

1: LAMS 2RC2 for Windows - Use the official MySQL installer
12/05/06 09:17 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I can confirm that it is a better strategy to install MySQL with the "official" MySQL installer (I used the installer that will modify the registry). I suggest not to use a WAMP package like WampServer or EasyPHP. I tried to fix the registry entries and it didn't work (I admit that I could have made a mistake there).

I will write down installation notes here:

http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/LAMS

At least for the last few days the Lamsfoundation wiki is barely accessible (average load time for a page is minutes ...)

Posted by Daniel Schneider

2: Re: LAMS 2RC2 for Windows - Use the official MySQL installer
In response to 1 12/05/06 05:31 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
That's a nice wiki!

In the installer, when you supply a mysql directory, it looks for mysql/bin/mysqladmin, and runs 'mysqladmin -version' and 'mysqladmin ping' - because LAMS 2 requires 5.0+, and mysql needs to be running. Of course, if mysqladmin is not included in the WAMP package, then it will probably abort. Do you know if this is the case for the WAMPs you've tested? We've tested it with XAMPP and EasyPHP, but EasyPHP didn't even have MySQL 5...

Wiki site seems fine for us. But then again, we're located pretty close to it.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Re: LAMS 2RC2 for Windows - Use the official MySQL installer
In response to 2 12/06/06 09:43 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I tried WampServer
http://www.wampserver.com/en/index.php

It has up-to-date mysql and php and looks quite clean
It has a nice administration menu
.... but indeed NO mysqladmin.exe (that's weird indeed).

Sorry I don't have time to retry again by copying this file from some other place. I am struggling to install LAMS on Solaris 10 now and I need it by Friday ;)

Posted by Daniel Schneider

4: Re: Re: LAMS 2RC2 for Windows - Use the official MySQL installer
In response to 2 12/23/06 09:48 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I installed it on XAMMP and it seems to work fine. The MySQL version was 5.0.21.

Tim.

Posted by Timothy Allen

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS