Sequence Information Sequence: Stolen Generation Description: A stage 3 sequence which addresses some of the issues faced by the Stolen Generation of Australian Indigenous Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders during the 20th century.
Keywords: Stolen Generation, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, Traditions & Heritage
Subject:Human Society & Its Environment, Australian History
Audience: Stage 3-4 (Yrs 5-8)
Run time: 1-2 weeks
Delivery Mode: off- and on-line
Resources: Personal stories, Wikipedia,
Outline of Activities:]
1. Read number of personal stories about the Stolen generation http://www.hreoc.gov.au/social_justice/stolen_children/personal_stories.html http://www.abc.net.au/missionvoices/stolen_generations/default.htm
2. Students would start the LAMS sequence.The grouping tool breaks the class into 4 groups.
3. The chat helps to consolidate understanding of the content of the personal stories.
4. The share resources takes the students to a wiki about the Stolen Generation.
5. The forum allows open discussion about the details in the wiki, in particular the facts and their opinions about this policy.
6. A multiple choice quiz further consolidates the facts about the Stolen Generation.
7. An optional Q & A task appears where students can select to answer a question from a different point of view.
This sequence could be adapted and modified by including a writing task where assessment can be made by submitting a file.
Image not available
Audience: Subjects: Language: English LAMS Version: 1.0.2 License: Attribution-Noncommercial-ShareAlike Support Files: No files Sharing with: Everyone in Public Status: Active Average Rating: (5). Based on 1 reviews. Number of downloads: 105 times Number of previews: 33 times Authored By: Debbie Evans Date: 25 August 2006 04:41 PM User Comments on Stolen Generation sequence