Forum Higher Ed & Training Forum: Multiple Attempts on Assessment Task

You may request notification for Multiple Attempts on Assessment Task.
Search: 

1: Multiple Attempts on Assessment Task
08/20/10 04:34 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

We are trying to set multiple attempts on a question task, but it is locking regardless of whether we choose "Finish Test" or "Submit all". Is this a bug, or have we missed a setting?
Regards
Charlie Williams

Posted by Charlie Williams

2: Re: Multiple Attempts on Assessment Task
In response to 1 08/22/10 04:15 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Charlie,

See that on the Advanced Tab in Author for the Assessment tool, you have a "Number of attempts" option. If you set it to say... three, then the students get a chance to re-try again upto three times.

The attached sequence and pictures can show you how this works.

If you want to prevent the user from continue with the sequence if he/she has not achieved the desired score, you can use a Gate activity.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Attachments:
3: Re: Re: Multiple Attempts on Assessment Task
In response to 2 08/24/10 07:19 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

Many thanks for the quick reply. I have to change my question slightly. At what point does a student get the opportunity to resubmit their answers?
I've been trying a particular short sequence as a student and once I've submitted my answers, got some feedback and moved on to the next activity, I don't appear to be able to resubmit. When I double click on the Assessment task in the right hand bar to go back to the activity, I still get the feedback page.

Regards
Charlie

4: Re: Re: Re: Multiple Attempts on Assessment Task
In response to 3 08/25/10 06:24 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Charlie,

I think there's a set of assumptions that the assessment tool takes that are different.

If you do finish the assessment activity, at the stage, you can't go back to this activity and redo it again (as it is finished).

Students can reattempt the activity *before* they finish the activity.

However, if you want the students to do the test afterwards you can copy/paste the assessment and put the new copy further down the link in the sequence.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Multiple Attempts on Assessment Task
In response to 4 08/26/10 01:59 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Ernie,

Will do that.

Cheers

Reply to first post on this page