Forum Higher Ed & Training Forum: A question about language

You may request notification for A question about language.
Search: 

1: A question about language
12/14/10 07:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
We want to translate LAMS interface to another language,now I have found how to do about the tools,but I donot know how to change the "author" page.Actually,I have find the "_dictionary.xml" in "flashxml" in "lams_center",but how to use it,or where to use it?
Thanks...

Posted by Lily Xie

2: Re: A question about language
In response to 1 12/14/10 11:12 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Lily,

Yes, for the Flash interfaces you can change the _dictionary.xml files. However, after you do this, you need to do two things:

1) Restart JBoss and delete the tmp and work directories in your {your-JBoss-folder}\server\default

2) Once you restarted JBoss, login as Sysadmin and change the version for the flash clients versions. But make sure that you change *only* the date! (see the red circles in the pic.

Once you change these versions, then LAMS would append these as strings to the requests for the Flash clients... so this will ensure that even if the browser caches the labels, these get updated next time you load them.

So that should do.

I would suggest you use the Technical forum for these type of questions though :-)

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Attachments:
3: Re: Re: A question about language
In response to 2 12/15/10 04:01 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thank you Ernie, and thanks for your kindly answer,after I "post" this, I noticed it should be in Technical forum...

Posted by Lily Xie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Higher Ed & Training Forum