Forum Higher Ed & Training Forum: Live edit in branching not working

You may request notification for Live edit in branching not working .
Search: 

1: Live edit in branching not working
08/22/14 01:04 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I tried a live edit in a branch activity, but now there are issues for me and others accessing the sequence and activities.
Each time when I open the sequence in monitoring, I am told I haven't finished editing. When I try to edit and cancel or finish, and error message keeps appearing. It seems locked into this loop and I don't know what to do.

Have screen shots to send, but where do I send them?

Posted by Sue Kupke

Attachments:
2: Re: Live edit in branching not working
In response to 1 08/25/14 07:31 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Sue,

Whenever you use Live Edit you need to make sure that you cancel or apply changes *before* you exit.

Otherwise the flag that the teacher is still changing the design will remain on and people will get the message that you are seeing on the picture.

How do you fix it? If you are the user that started the Live Edit, go back to monitor and live edit and apply or cancel changes. This will remove the flag and allow people to continue as normal.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Live edit in branching not working
In response to 2 08/25/14 03:58 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Ernie.

I have tried what you suggested, but can't get out of the 'live edit'. When I go back in, I am told that I am still editing. When I select 'finish' or 'cancel' it says ok, but then comes up with a system error message, telling me I need to restart LAMS. When I did this (about 8 times now) the same things happened. I tried finish, and also got this message. So I seem to be 'locked in live edit' because I can't exit/finish/cancel/apply changes or get out of this loop.

I have a group currently doing this sequence but I am not able to check their learning, progress or do anything at the moment. I am really hoping it can be sorted your end.... I don't think there is anything I can do....

Sue

Posted by Sue Kupke

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Higher Ed & Training Forum