Forum Higher Ed & Training Forum: Much work & still not able to get LAMS to work in Moodle

You may request notification for Much work & still not able to get LAMS to work in Moodle.
Search: 

1: Much work & still not able to get LAMS to work in Moodle
06/17/09 06:04 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
My Environment:
Moodle version: 1.8.3 + (2007021534)
LAMS version: 2.3
O/S: Windows Server 2003

LAMS MODULE SETTING IN MOODLE
server_url: http://172.30.23.114:8080/lams/
server_id: moodle
server_key: moodle

Error message from within a MOODLE course when when trying to add a LAMS activity using the ADD AN ACTIVITY drop down button:

An unexpected error returned from LAMS server:ns1:Server.NoService: The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke! targetService is LearningDesignService! Please contact your administrator.

Error message when from within "LAMS course" when clicking on "Open LAMS Author"

HTTP Status 400 - Login Failed - login parameters missing
type Status report
message Login Failed - login parameters missing
description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Login Failed - login parameters missing).
Apache Tomcat/5.5.9

While it says that the LAMS module installed without errors, we have never gotten the LAMS activity module work within a MOODLE course.

All advice is welcome.

Allan

Posted by Allan Robbins

2: Re: Much work & still not able to get LAMS to work in Moodle
In response to 1 06/18/09 07:19 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
If possible turn on debugging on the LAMS side. I think this has to do with the single sign on requests from Moodle to the LAMS server.

See creating debugging logs here: http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lamsdocs/Reporting+Problems+and+Creating+DEBUG+Logs

Also what version of the LAMS2 module for Moodle do you have and what version of PHP are you using?

Posted by Dave Bauer

3: Re: Much work & still not able to get LAMS to work in Moodle
In response to 1 06/19/09 09:35 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Not really Allan,
You need the new LAMS 2 module. Grab same and install.
The LAMs module shipped with Moodle is for v 1 of LAMs.

A tip when you install the new module you should extract it somewhere else first as the file structure need a small mod.
Basically the is lams2 >> lams2 >> the working bits. We need to loose the first or root directory. I hope that makes sense.
Then close the eye on the original LAMs. Remember to click the Notify and it should work.

Hope that helps
John

Posted by John Andrewartha

4: Re: Much work & still not able to get LAMS to work in Moodle
In response to 1 10/25/11 05:20 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
hello,

I am new to all this, and we are in the process of developing Moodle for our organisation, (it is not live yet) Can you please let me know the advantages in having LAMS in conjunction with Moodle, or would u choose one over the other.

thanks a

Posted by anne nolan

5: Re: Re: Much work & still not able to get LAMS to work in Moodle
In response to 4 10/25/11 09:03 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Anne,

LAMS and Moodle complement themselves very well.

Moodle is primarily used for course management and content delivery, whereas LAMS "forte" is the sequencing of learning activities.

If you aren't familiar with LAMS, then I will suggest you have a look at this LAMS tutorial.

Once that's a bit clear, have a look at the Moodle and LAMS integration tutorial.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Higher Ed & Training Forum