Forum Higher Ed & Training Forum: Re: SAKAI GUEST THREAD: What are the use cases for workflow in a high ed learning environment?

Search: 

3: Re: SAKAI GUEST THREAD: What are the use cases for workflow in a high ed learning environment?
In response to 1 10/03/06 05:30 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
* You have a well-defined process (e.g., a case study discussion method) that you want to apply as systematically as possible while saving as much authoring labor as possible.

An example of this "well-defined process" is the WebQuest "format" (http://webquest.sdsu.edu/). I don't need to get into details because probably most of you know what is involved in a WebQuest but I think webquests lend themselves very well to be implemented via LAMS sequencing (for all the reasons put forth by James Dalziel in his post). With powerful tools like forums, voting or wikis provided and seamlessly integrated by LAMS, the WebQuest experience becomes much easier to manage for all the parties involved.

WebQuests are mainly used by educators in primary and secondary education but I don't see why they can't be appropriate in high ed learning environments.

Josep M. Fontana

Posted by Josep M. Fontana

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Higher Ed & Training Forum