Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 13

You may request notification for java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 13 .
Search: 

1: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 13
04/21/10 02:30 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello the world,

The subject of this message has been driven me crazy for couple of days. It seems my moodle (v1.9) is not able to talk to my lams (v2.3). However, I verified and followed well every step from the tutorial walkthrough on lams wiki to integrate them again and again. I got no problem when i validate lams settings on moodle side, but keep getting the error message when start lams platform.

I work with windows server 2003 for lams server; and linux for moodle server.

Can anyone remind me something I missed?

Posted by Chinhsiung Lin

2: Re: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 13
In response to 1 04/21/10 07:39 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Chinhsiung,

Have you made any changes to the LAMS module code for the moodle integration, particularly to the userinfo.php file?

The bit of code this error comes from in LAMS is reading the result of a callback to retrieve the user information in order to create a new user in LAMS. The URL for the call is something like this:

http://.../moodle/mod/lamstwo/userinfo.php

The error you are getting is caused by an incorrect number of values in the comma separated string returned from this php file. The format should return something like this:

,Admin,User,,Sydney,,,AU,,,,user@melcoe.mq.edu.au,AU,en
(ie 14 values are expected)

You should be able to see callbacks to this url in your moodle access logs, if you paste this call into your browser you should be able to get the comma-separated string. If so, can you paste the string here and we can work out if something is wrong with your LAMS integration module.

Thanks,

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum